42,s, 10%, 75mm tb, 94-95 blower.. how much HP gain?

22lbsofboost

simple. 90 sc studded, 875 mm tb, 10% jackshalft pulley, 95 blower, 42;s and a maf to match. what am i gonna pick up for power?

simple. 90 sc studded, 875 mm tb, 10% jackshalft pulley, 95 blower, 42;s and a maf to match. what am i gonna pick up for power?

It is true that exhaust seems to play a part in blown head gaskets, however a bigger culprit is detonation. Make sure you have a good tune behind those mods. On top of everything i think an 875mm TB is WAYYY to big :eek: :D :p

The heat generated by the stock Eaton at high overdrive is likely to eat away at the power gains. You'll feel a nice difference down low from the gain in torque, but expect you gains to be minimal up top without upgrading your intercooler or getting a more efficient/ported blower. An S-Port blower will be sufficient for 90% of peoples power goals. I guess you can expect to see around 25/35 HP/FtLbs.

Last edited:
exhaust is true duals yes, heads are studded, so the crystal ball is sadly mistaken. i ran a 10% overdrive on a BONE stock sc and it took me 4 years of hard use to blow the hg's. mike puckett has that car now. no tune though

Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann
well I got away in my 94 with no tune and way to much boost..Was fun till the knock sensor would kick in:pO)

How much boost? Did you upgrade the injectors?

At first no I was running stock 36lb..

When I upgraded to 42's I couldnt get car to run quite right so rather then get a tune I ripped it apart..Back then getting a tune wasnt as easy as it is today...I refused to get an EEC tuner and Jerry and Brian were teh only ones really tuning these cars on any kind of a basis (that was actually the weekend of the first SC MM&FF shootout I put together)..Yah we got screwed on that one!

Last edited:
exhaust is true duals yes, heads are studded, so the crystal ball is sadly mistaken. i ran a 10% overdrive on a BONE stock sc and it took me 4 years of hard use to blow the hg's. mike puckett has that car now. no tune though

The crystal ball has been wrong once before, but I would seriously get a tune and good HG's, like MLS.

mls gaskets are a pain in the ~~~. this isnt my first time around the park.
after 4 sc motors and countless others, the motor is put together right. all im wondering is that if anyone has installed these parts simultaneously on their vehicle, and if so, how much power, seat of the pants wise, did you pick up?:D

dont listen to alot of people. there is your first answer.

You should pick up some significant gain over stock, you might want to pick up an MP inlet plenum to go on the late style blower for an extra 5 hunge its worth it.

but just get it nice and tuned.

power wise is always going to be up in the air depending on alot of variables, but you might be in the same range as like a late model GTP. like 260ish crank wise. good luck

I have a stock longblock 1990 SC with AOD, about the same
mods as you listed.

C&L MAF 76MM, SCP TB 75MM,SCP exhaust,10%overdrive.
After getting a chip/tune from Brian Herron..
I dynoed 223.O RWHP.

When I added a MPII blower & plenum, my RWHP jumped to
250.RWHP.

My best pull todate with a stock longblock with MPIII. 280.0
RWHP with unsafe tune, 20% overdrive. My best pull with safe
tune 273.7 RWHP. With 10%overdrive I dyno at 259.0..
I have a new manifold and snow injection to bolt-on.
And hope to get between to 280 TO 300RWHP.

Hope that my steps in mods/RWHP is of some help. Randy

see my mods, I have about the same setup as you, but have different exhaust and a tune. I made 248hp and 360tq @17psi, this was before any of my MP parts. You are going to want to upgrade your IC at least get a fan, because the SC will be generating alot more heat.

Last edited:
Back