What is all this stuff?

jookycola

My SC didn't come with an owners manual so there is ALOT of cool stuff on it i have no idea what it does...till another owner points it out. But what i want to know is.
What is the little box behind the rear view mirror for/do? You know, the one with a lens on it.

Also on the lamp control what is the dial that says "DIM" and "RANGE" do. I figured out that the other dial is for the automatic lamps and the dial controls how long the lights stay on after you turn off the car. But have not quite figured out what that other dial does.

And another SC owner showed me how to work the key pad on the door and use it to unlock the passenger side door and trunk. Is there any other cool stuff that maybe i don't about?

My SC didn't come with an owners manual so there is ALOT of cool stuff on it i have no idea what it does...till another owner points it out. But what i want to know is.
What is the little box behind the rear view mirror for/do? You know, the one with a lens on it.

Also on the lamp control what is the dial that says "DIM" and "RANGE" do. I figured out that the other dial is for the automatic lamps and the dial controls how long the lights stay on after you turn off the car. But have not quite figured out what that other dial does.

And another SC owner showed me how to work the key pad on the door and use it to unlock the passenger side door and trunk. Is there any other cool stuff that maybe i don't about?

(1)
That will be the sensor for the auto dim

(2)that one controls how far or close the auto dim feature dims your headlights

(3)Well you can put your own code in and lock it back with the keypad also.

S

So does this mean my headlights can be dimmed?
that seems strange. unless you had HID's. I've never noticed them going dimmer as i dial it. Is there a noticable difference?

I belive that DIM is what happens if you have your high beams on and another cars is comming towards you, it will automaticaly shut your high beams off. someone can correct me if I am worng.

I belive that DIM is what happens if you have your high beams on and another cars is comming towards you, it will automaticaly shut your high beams off. someone can correct me if I am worng.

yup thats right. Maybe I didnt explain it right.

S

I thought the little dail under the mirror was for the auto dimming of the mirror, not the head lights......:confused:

I thought the little dail under the mirror was for the auto dimming of the mirror, not the head lights......:confused:

I believe hes talking about the two dials next to the headlamp switch. If so then those control the high beams and the auto shut off. I never noticed a dial on under any of my mirrors Ill have to take another look see

S

If there is a dial on the mirror, then yes, it's to control the sensitivity of the motorized mirror itself. Now, the sensor for the mirror is mounted right on (or maybe inside?) the mirror, facing behind the driver. The lens facing forward is for the high-beam dimming.

To many sensors.....:cool:

Sensor......

Overloading......:eek:

Must.....

Go....

Home......

Need.....

Rest......

im not trying to jack the thread but how do you reset the code on the door if ya dont know the code??

No that's a good question. I'm curious too. But i'm fairly positive that it requires ALOT of internal rewiring and what not. there is no easy "reprogram" steps. If i read correctly

im not trying to jack the thread but how do you reset the code on the door if ya dont know the code??

Do you still have your owners manual? If so alot of Ford dealers used to write the code on the page that showed you how to use the keyless entry.

The code will be on a sticker on one of the trunk hinges......

If it isn't there, pull the carpet back on the drivers side of the trunk and you will see the keyless entry module.....

Somewhere on that module will be a sticker with the code on it....

If not, replace the module with one that has a know code....

Are you all serious? All I have to do is remove all electrical power to the car by pulling the battery cable for a minute or so....Is my car retarded?

Edit: I am an idiot. I thought Capt.Trunks was trying to find out how to reset the code that someone had programmed in and forgotten, not the original factory one. If you need the factory code, it is on the right hand side trunk hinge arm on a white sticker thing.

Last edited:
I think there are instructions on how to rewire a module on the 35th Thunderbird Registry website. It doesn't sound like you need to do that, but I just thought I would mention it.

Just in case you want the info

Keyless Entry Keypad Code Programming

Ford Keyless Entry Keypad Code Programming NOTE: The system only allows one personal code to be programmed. Any existing personal code does not need to be erased to program a new code.

1. Enter the permanent factory remote keyless entry (RKE) keypad code
2. Press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds to activate the programming mode
3. Holding the 1/2 button for more than 2 seconds after activation erases the stored personal code
4. Within 5 seconds, enter the new 5-digit RKE keypad code. The door locks lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed. Entering any new personal code automatically erases the old personal code.

Stolen from somewhere but I forget where.

S

over on tccoa there's a how to article to reset the code in the technical articles section

Last edited:
Back