PDA

View Full Version : brakes

wauseonbird
01-30-2007, 03:55 PM
I am upgrading my brakes from the stock roters and stock pads to the drilled roters and ceramic pads. I just cant figure out how to get the pads installed correctly. When I pulled the calipers off the old pads just fell out. I dont think they were in there right from the previous owner. I have some pics of my pads on my cardomain page which I have a link for on the bottom of this. if you can help me...please do! cuz I'm stuck right now! thanks

www.cardomain.com/id/wauseonbird

mywhite89
01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
They should be a direct fit, the main thing to be concerned about is that with cross-drilled rotors you will have a left and a right side, but from your pictures, it looks like you have figured that one out.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but it shouldn't be that difficult, depress the piston all the way back and stick the pads on.

With the rear calipers you'll have to spin the piston in order to get it to depress. It really sucks to do unless you have the proper tool.

Other then that, if you think you have missing components, check out pictures at an automotive parts store would be my best advise

wauseonbird
01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks. this helps out, but what I really need to know is if the wire clips (like rabbit ear clips) if they go up inside the thin metal plate thats on the top of the caliper. :confused:

They should be a direct fit, the main thing to be concerned about is that with cross-drilled rotors you will have a left and a right side, but from your pictures, it looks like you have figured that one out.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but it shouldn't be that difficult, depress the piston all the way back and stick the pads on.

With the rear calipers you'll have to spin the piston in order to get it to depress. It really sucks to do unless you have the proper tool.

Other then that, if you think you have missing components, check out pictures at an automotive parts store would be my best advise

mywhite89
01-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know man, might need some better pictures of what your working with.

wauseonbird
01-31-2007, 11:53 AM
I don't know man, might need some better pictures of what your working with.

I will get more pics of what I'm workin with...