What im gunna have done...

NightMare3.8

hey guys i talked with Bill from SCP and told him i wanted to spend a 500 dollar max on my SC( note its my daily driver) so he said if he had 500 to spend then he would spend it on a 73mm MAF, SCP CAI, IC fan, and a 5% pulley. So im gunna listen to his advice and get all that. But i would like some input on what kinda of gains ill be able to feel and how much my 1/4 time would be improved if any. Thanks guys.

hey guys i talked with Bill from SCP and told him i wanted to spend a 500 dollar max on my SC( note its my daily driver) so he said if he had 500 to spend then he would spend it on a 73mm MAF, SCP CAI, IC fan, and a 5% pulley. So im gunna listen to his advice and get all that. But i would like some input on what kinda of gains ill be able to feel and how much my 1/4 time would be improved if any. Thanks guys.

Cant see where putting a 73MM MAF on with SCP CAI is gonna do any good when you are still having to pull the air through the stock throttle body. I think that will get you little improvement. A 5% pulley is a nice upgrade to bring your boost up and the fan to cool the air flowing through the IC. If you havent done anything to the exhaust youll run a higher boost level but more because of the restriction the stock exhaust system. Underdrive pulleys would be a better option and if you go with the 5% go with the 5% jackshaft pulley. Youll feel some diffrence but not a neck snapping diffrence. Best 2 mods I did hands down for seat of the pants diffrence was 3.73 gears (I have a auto) and a Lentec valve body to make the shifts hard and fast. Made the car feel like a sports car instead of Grandma car. The lentec valve body cost around 400 bucks. The gears you might have to shop around for but can be done for less than your 500 bucks if you get a deal.

Ken

When it comes down to it, you have to upgrade everything in order for one single part to help you out as much as you'd like. For $500 in mods, what bill mentioned would be the first things I would do besides an exhaust upgrade. The thing you want to think about is what you can do to make your engine flow air more efficiently. Underdrive pulleys I am personally not doing.

chris

Make sure you don't need $500.00 in maintenance before you spend $500 on go-fast parts though!!:D

Last edited:
10 hp?! are you serious or is that just a wisecrack?? how about instead of the MAF i get a flowmaster resonator kit or some downpipes without cats made....OR instead of the MAF go with spinningwheels-sc underdrives..OR just stick with what bill said lol

Last edited:
I am in favor of getting rid of the crappy factory cats as long as you dont have E-check where you live. Then replace the factory resonator and you'll be set as far as exhaust goes. That alone should eat up your $500 limit.

Shane

I'm serious, do your exhaust first!

In exact order:
-Exhaust System
-5% Supercharger Pulley
-Underdrive Pulley
-IC Fan

How much HP did Bill say you would gain with that combo he spec'ed you? I bet he said 30 HP

Last edited:
he never gave me an estimate on how much power would be gained but i am thinking about screwing the MAF since everyone doesnt like the idea and getting downtubes made( a friend of mine will bend them up and install for $75 without cats) and getting a flowmaster res...that should be good for the mods im gunna do to for now dont ya think??

Do the exhaust system first...... Your head gaskets willl thank you....then fatten the fuel and intake up.:)

Dont get a flowmaster resonator unless you want your car to sound like a$$. Deffinately go with a Magnaflow resonator. Much better sound and I believe its cheaper to.

Shane

I'd go in this order

1) Underdrive Pulleys (aluminum)
2) Resenator to manifolds exhaust. You can keep the back half for now
3) 5% Jackshaft
4) SCP or whoever intake kit & 76mm MAF (wouldnt bother with 73)

Before doing any of this I'd get a good tuneup and new wires if you havnt already

Also I always reccomend a new in tank fuel pump as our cars are getting old and fuel is important

My teal car has kooks headers, high flow cats, dynomax and a flowmaster resontor..Ist super quiet

With the factory mufflers and no cat showever it would probably sound awful.

Get a Borla or magnaflow resonator and new pipes up to the manifolds..High flow cats if you need

Back