Must know right now! easy question

GREATWHITE666

well maybe. I'm deleteing my other post cause i just need to know this. i have a 95 SC WHERE IS MY FUEL PUMP RELAY? before u answer, i have looked in front of the airbox, nothing, and i pulled off the black box in the trunk, only the keyless entry box. nothing next to or under the fuel switch either. the new relay i bought has a bit of green on it and looks like a simple plug in... is that right? what did they do to my SC? thanks
D

Fuel Pump relay is inside the Black box in front of your Airbox .. its called the IRCM, Integrated Relay Control Module .. there are 5 relays inside, but I dont believe it can be serviced without replacing the module.

- Dan

Last edited:
relay

thank you for responding. the relay i got is way to big to fit inside that box. and there is no relay under the fuel switch. the relay i got has a black cap on it with a green bottom. half black half green is the whole thing....

I have a 1994 EVTM Manual with the wiring diagrams - 1995 should be exactly the same, there is no additional relay for the fuel pump, just the IRCM.

The relay itself is activated by a couple wires you could check. The PCM gives it a signal which is the Light Blue / orange wire ( believe this may be a ground ), the other side of the relay solenoid goes to the EEC relay inside the IRCM .. powered by the Yellow wire ( fuse #15 ) ... the relay itself is powered by the Black / Yellow wire, which goes to #13 Fuse in the Engine fuse box. The relay powers the Pink / Black wire, which goes to the Inertia cutoff switch in the trunk, and then to the fuel pump itself.

So unless your relay isnt getting power ( faulty fuse ? ) or the PCM isnt giving it a turn on signal, it may be a faulty Inertia switch since you said you tripped it before .. or the ground to the fuel pump ( or bad fuel pump itself ?? )

Just a list of things to go through ..

- Dan

Last edited:
wow

jeez this is so frustrating. all the posts i read, it's in the trunk, but i know the fuse they gave me wouldnt even fit in there. it has two plastic stubs on the side of it so it can plug onto the wall or somethign so it'll stay put. i know im gonna end up selling this car soon... it's getting to be that time. it shut off on me again today after i got off the highway, flipped the switch up and down and acted like nothing happened. weird thing is that the car is running better than it ever has haha. i gave up for the night. thank you so much for the quick responses and help. take care-
Damon

Yeah that can be a problem. Id suspect your Inertia switch since it seems to turn the pump back on when you flip it. It shouldnt be so easy to trip the switch.
If possible, keep a volt meter in your car, the next time it shuts off .. check for power at the connector that goes into the switch and see if it has power on one side and not the other.

- Dan

Back