Not open for further replies.

brian p

Wanted mass air flow sensor
Had a guy call me with a 94 cougar 4.6
I can’t help the guy but I told him I will post it hear
He is in Brampton
His #s 905 456 8475 maro
Brian

if he calls you again tell him corys here in london has a bunch of 4.6 tbirds and crown vics with the 4.6 and mass air

Brian, Im pretty sure all Mass air flow sensors are the same from 92-5 SC's and 94-97 V8 tbirds

If that’s so I have some hear
I told the guy that I have up to 92 3.8
He was talking to ford and He seamed to think they were different
Maybe Ed will clear it up for us
Thanks
Brian

Looks like the p.n. is specific to 3.8 NA and 4.6 in 94 / 95 Birds and Cougars. OEM service part number F4SZ 12B579 A for reference ... an original would likely be stamped F4SF 12B579 AA.

cheers
Ed N.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME
the part numbers for a 3.8 bird and 4.6 bird are the same but there calibrated different i found this out the hard way on my 4.6 i had one go bad and i found a 3.8 one with the same part number and it ran really rich until i changed it to a 4.6 one

Why does he think he needs one?
If his car is just idling wobbly or down on power, tell him to clean the MAF wires with a q-tip and windex, put in a new air filter, and flush out the idle air bypass valve with throttle body cleaner. If the car's just suffering from lack of maintenance, it'll smooth right out and will feel like he picked up 20 horsepower.

more then likely he is suffering from the typical running rich problem they had in 94-5.i was having this prob with mine and only getting 18-20mpg.i had to change my dpfe and egr control solinoid.now i get 27-30 mpg and the cars runs like a dream but still dosen't hold a candle to my SC's

fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back