MMMM, Beefy exhaust, :)

Remove them. Someone just asked this in tech.

Hollowed will create resonances that might not sound good. I know others have done that and not liked what they heard.

Definately remove them..Are you still dealing with stock cats?..If so I would just reccomend getting new downtubes made with some highflows//those factory 90 degree bends just arnt cutting it

You're on your own with the down tubes. Some have claimed $90 at an exhaust shop and they make you some. Otherwise www.supercoupeperformance.com has them for around $180 + shipping.

I'm saving money for my purchased ones since I don't have an exhaust shop to trust that won't bitch about the cats not going back in.

Hollowed out cats will sound bad. Louder but also it will intrude into the cabin.

TAZZER999...EXH/CATS'...To Have Or Not To Have...

Ace them if you can get away with it...I have no cats on either of my SC's and lemme tell ya if ya don't mind LOUD it don't really matter does it...It is not gonna make that much diff. in sound, but if you still have that 90 degree turn in your SH!T then you need to do something bout it bro...This is gonna wake up the rest of your intake mods as well...It would have to a little...I got custom downtubes in 2 1/2" done for 50 bux...Shop around...

What muffs if any are you running? Sounds like strait pipe...I ran that way for a long time...If you want some interesting nasty off road sound go with the 40 series 2 chamber flowmasters, that is what I have...THing sound like it should not be on the road...LOL
I say that cuz many have told me that exact same thing...If you like lound you will like the open flowmasters bro...

BTW...You ever make it to the sccow meets???

Later...

Cheers

I got the stock mufflers off and a terminator resonator on it now.

As for the sccow meets, no, I haven't made one yet, :( This friday I am going to mission raceway with the sccowc then that will probably be my last meet for the year. I might goto one of the washington meets when my car is re-insured in may again though

up to U

Ryan,
I did that on my car(no cat's)and run it in Mission and i lost time.So i ended up putting back on a Catco,and now i'm running Magnaflow cat's on mine.And it's a little bit loud too.Up to you.It's your car.Later.

I drove mine with two 2 1/2" Dumps Out where the resonator was for two days, and two tickets later I figured I should Finish My Exhaust.

Back