5 speed swap

nastybird93sc

hey guys i need a little help.can someone give me a complete list of everything i would need to swap to a 5 speed.and if possible a good set of instructions.thanks,JOE:)

Pedals, Drive shaft, Tranny, Shifter, Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, console(?), master and slave cyls, beer, pizza, two big buddies to help push it down the street when you get soo frustrated that it didnt go as smoothly as planned, more beer, two more buddies (total of four now) to help you push that hunk of crap back to the house so you can fix it right, more beer cause they work for free, pizza becasue it midnight on the second day and they are getting grumpy. Im not sure on the starter. I THINK yours will work. I put my manual one on Travis' car and it works.

Do a search. This has been covered before as far as the writeups go.

Chris

i just sold a running '91 5-speed on ebay for $600, would of been perfect for a swap and you'd have everything you needed, console and all, but like it was mentioned do a search and it'll show you what you need.

I would wait to push it down the street until there was no tranny in it. That way it is lighter to push it home. All though, you wont get pissed until after that point.

There is no real order per say...obviously you will not put the DS in until you have put the new tranny in, but you know what I mean.

Chris

I would wait to push it down the street until there was no tranny in it. That way it is lighter to push it home. All though, you wont get pissed until after that point.
ROFL

Here is a good link with a step by step. This guy's been gone a long time but this write up is the best I've seen on this swap. http://sc.tbkhomeworld.com/
Go to the "Walkthroughs" link and then click on the "Ford AOD Automatic swap to Mazda M5R2 5-speed" link.

Back