PDA

View Full Version : "BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK" Blowers

OneFastBird
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
With all the new blowers thats been coming out in the last couple of years. Whats everyone think is the best bang for the buck, if you had the money which blower would you get.

SRT-4
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I voted for the MPX only because that is what I have, I have yet to find info on these "AR" blowers, and the MPX took the place of the MPIII so it looks like MPIII < MPX < AR

Super XR7
02-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Ira is a perfect example of what an AR can do for you. Stock with a mild cam and an AR = 350+ rwhp

Mike

89CougarXRStick
02-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I,ll vote for the MPIII blower..Just scratching the surface of what this thing can do...Just look at Kevin,s times...And also because i have one...

David Neibert
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Twin Screw blowers (AR, whipple, KB) make great power on anything you bolt them to. Roots blowers (MPIII, S Port, MPX) make good power on most cars and great power on a few cars.

David

xThunderbirdSCx
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
scratching the surface with the MP3?

try were just scratching the surface with the AR, is more like it. :rolleyes:

mannysc
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Id rather go with a centrifical myself so other was for my vote

kenewagner
04-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I voted other since I have a M112 and am slanted toward it. I beleive the big roots will tear the tires off at lower RPMs which is where I want the power at for the street,but the AR, Whipple would be my choice if I was wanting low 1/4 mile times and screaming RPMs. If I had to do it over I think I would have done a whipple since I am finding it is easier to convert one to a SC, but only because it is easier to work with. I think in a few years you wont see a lot of M90s on the big HP cars. They just have to be spun to hard to generate what a bigger or more efficient blower can do.

Ken

Capt.Trunks
12-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Twin Screw blowers (AR, whipple, KB) make great power on anything you bolt them to. Roots blowers (MPIII, S Port, MPX) make good power on most cars and great power on a few cars.

David

could not been more right david

CMac89
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Although a twin screw will provide you with more power, as far as price goes per HP, the MPx wins.

Sure, you'll fall 30-50HP behind the AR, but for 2K bucks less you can have 400rwhp, as well.

So for the definition of BANG for the BUCK, MPx wins.

Mike8675309
12-31-2007, 08:03 PM
No other mods. Maybe the MPIII if you can pick it up second hand, as without overdrive and more injector you won't gain the max you can get from a AR, or even a MPX.

MPX would be next, since you can actually buy a kit that bolts up, and with the addition of overdrive, fuel , and intercooler you can make real power.

If you wanna be different, and don't mind waiting and maybe doing some fab work yourself or paying someone to do it, the AR is a nice change of pace.

David Neibert
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
After having done nearly every go-fast mod you can think of, I believe the AR is hands down the best mod you can do to an SC.

David

SCgraphics guy
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
After having done nearly every go-fast mod you can think of, I believe the AR is hands down the best mod you can do to an SC.

David

ditto!, same here!
I did so much to get little increases in power.
You name it, I did it.

Then with an AR, I was in doubt,
Until I strapped one on...
The biggest bang for the buck I ever got!
That is all I can say.

I threw thousands at 3 SCs only to get minimal gains, if any!
I do have to say the right combo will always give the biggest bang for the buck.
Like a better blower with the right injctrs, cam, maf & tune!

I don't care in your talking SCs or what, there are no magic parts!

garsc
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Nitrous will give you the biggest bang for the buck.......LITERALLY :eek:

XxSlowpokexX
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
(Other) Bang for buck by far is Nitrous. More power?...Add more Nitrous.

Blower wise the MPX will give a bigger bang per buck when compared to the 1.7 AR. Not enough info out there on the 2.3/2.4 Whipple 2.2/2.0 AR however the bang for the buck will most likely be the same. Now if you can fabricate yourself that may change the tides.

(other) A Centrifigal charger such as a Vortech/paxton/procharger would also be a great option if you can do fab work yourself. If not much liek teh AR teh bang for teh buck would goto the MPX.

(other) A turbo system by far would be by far the ultimate although not proven on this forum just yet. If you can do fab work yourself it can be a great bang for the buck, if not very costly.

Also an MPIII if it can be had cheap(very sim to MPX but not as durable) will yeild you a higher bang for the buck most likely then the MPX new. With that on mind a used mpII would also yeild a great bang for the buck or even an S port or a 94-95 M90 if you have an earlier style.

kenewagner
01-02-2008, 05:20 PM
I dont think nitrous should be mentioned as it doesnt fit the defination of the original question. (Start a nitrous poll) The original question is a little vague. Like Damon said the MPX probably is the best when considering HP per dollar. AR, Whipple biggest bang but not the cheapest and others like a M112 not the cheapest or highest HP for the buck. In my case for my blower I have less money than a MPX in it and a lot less than a AR. So for me it was the best bang for the buck. If you cant engineer your own blower the MPX is the likely winner

Ken

mannysc
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
bang for the buck mpiii can be gotten semi cheap now that mpx is out .

for me they all are same buck just different bang.

I have a turbo im workin on and a whipple i got in a trade gave a guy a 71 dodge 440 engine me i got a great blower him he got rare 71 sixpac 440 with rare 909 rods man they are biggest ive seen on a production engine complete with rebuilt six pac carbs . for the whipple .

thank god he needed the engine and i have a few more 440s layn around .

THE BIRDMAN
01-02-2008, 07:29 PM
If you have an 89-93 car I would think a ported 94/95 blower would be the biggest bang for the buck.You can pick them up alot cheaper that an mpx.

Jay

David Neibert
01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Best bang for the buck really depends on your HP goals and what mods you already have.

David

Miller
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
go big or go boom or go home

frdlvr30
01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
go big or go home

Thats why im home...wasn't big enough....