new project pic update 5-06-07

Kevin Leitem

I got my new rearend from currie enterprises today. its an 8.8 with 9" ends on it, 3.25" axle tubes. can't wait till get everything i need so I can get this installed. So far i got a set of 4130 ladder bars from Quarter-Max. 4130 diagonal link, 4130 upper shock mount, 4130 crossmember all from Quarter-Max. a set of lightened 3.90 gears, 33 spline spool. Billet aluminum carrier caps, all from Strange. and a LPW ultimate cover. heres a couple pics. I will be giving some updates as I progress with the install.

Attachments

• ebay_0047.JPG
    ebay_0047.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 974
  • ebay_0049.JPG
    ebay_0049.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 963
  • ebay_0050.JPG
    ebay_0050.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
Neiberts held up to his 10.68 nitrous run. mine held up to the 1.4 60" transbrake launches. the stock setup did me very well, I just wanted something strong to hold up to 4800 rpm transbrake launches. to date i only launched around 3400. i don't think it would have held if i tried 4800. but i never will know now.

Neiberts held up to his 10.68 nitrous run. mine held up to the 1.4 60" transbrake launches. the stock setup did me very well, I just wanted something strong to hold up to 4800 rpm transbrake launches. to date i only launched around 3400. i don't think it would have held if i tried 4800. but i never will know now.

Kevin,

I think we are gonna be seeing some wheelies from your car next season...:) Pretty cool stuff.

David

I would abso-frickin-lutely love to see an SC pull the front tires off the ground...Yours won't, right, David? If not, it's darn close!

Coy Miller got his SC to lift the tires off the ground before.

Kevin,

Looks like you are going to have a pretty sweet setup under your car. I cant wait to see it in person.

Shane

I would abso-frickin-lutely love to see an SC pull the front tires off the ground...Yours won't, right, David? If not, it's darn close!

I have a video of the car , but the left tire is not able to be seen. which is the on that comes up first and highest. I was able to see about an inch of light under the right tire.

Very neat, Kevin, can't wait to see the results, although it would have been really cool to see a 10 second Eaton SC V6 pass without spray.

Why the 8.8" rather than a 9"? Weight, cost??

cheers
Ed N.

Actually the 9" would have been cheaper. The main reasons are the 8.8 is lighter, and uses less HP than a 9" and no driveshaft changes. I am trying to keep things as light as possible. I still will be an eaton SC V6 without spray this year.

Very neat, Kevin, can't wait to see the results, although it would have been really cool to see a 10 second Eaton SC V6 pass without spray.

Why the 8.8" rather than a 9"? Weight, cost??

cheers
Ed N.

Last edited:
Coy Miller got his SC to lift the tires off the ground before.

Kevin,

Looks like you are going to have a pretty sweet setup under your car. I cant wait to see it in person.

Shane

Well, yeah, but I was talking about a full (or almost full) weight SC....;)

Mine will be pretty light after all of this, hoping to lose another 100- 150 pounds. which would put me around 2800 without me!

Actually the 9" would have been cheaper. The main reasons are the 8.8 is lighter, and uses less HP than a 9" and no driveshaft changes. I am trying to keep things as light as possible. I still will be an eaton SC V6 without spray this year.

Good for you. Nitrous sucks.

Ira

Kevin, I meant to say all of that, and forgot to add "IRS". :rolleyes: :) Anyway, that makes sense, the 9" is definitely a heavy power-robber.

cheers
Ed N.

I got my new rearend from currie enterprises today. its an 8.8 with 9" ends on it, 3.25" axle tubes. can't wait till get everything i need so I can get this installed. So far i got a set of 4130 ladder bars from Quarter-Max. 4130 diagonal link, 4130 upper shock mount, 4130 crossmember all from Quarter-Max. a set of lightened 3.90 gears, 33 spline spool. Billet aluminum carrier caps, all from Strange. and a LPW ultimate cover. heres a couple pics. I will be giving some updates as I progress with the install.

Wowww going full light weight race car way :) Even though I dont like your gutting taking weight out making a full race car way's you are going at it the right way. We built a 65 Mustang fastback for a friend with over 800hp going to a for 9" ladder bars it was like day and night. With ladder bar car you can change the pinion angle the stronger unit will prove to be a big factor in your quest for 10's what rear shock's are you going to use? two way or three way adjustable? there great to adjust the down travel are you going to tub it as well? you will find out you will need to as to get wider slick to hook up the high RPM off the line. The ladder bar car is whole differaint beast. How much did the stock rear frame you removed weigh? the stock lower A-Arms are heavy as well

Now that your a full light weight race car now I can continue to move forward to get a full weight SC M-90 AOD into the 10's. Us low budgit guys are still trying extra hard to keep up with the Kevin's and Dave's ;) Nice work Kevin you got good fab skills and drag racing know how in due time you will be a 9 second car hope so with the time and money you put into your project

Last edited:
Wowww going full light weight race car way :) Even though I dont like your gutting taking weight out making a full race car way's you are going at it the right way. We built a 65 Mustang fastback for a friend with over 800hp going to a for 9" ladder bars it was like day and night. With ladder bar car you can change the pinion angle the stronger unit will prove to be a big factor in your quest for 10's what rear shock's are you going to use? two way or three way adjustable? there great to adjust the down travel are you going to tub it as well? you will find out you will need to as to get wider slick to hook up the high RPM off the line. The ladder bar car is whole differaint beast. How much did the stock rear frame you removed weigh? the stock lower A-Arms are heavy as well

Now that your a full light weight race car now I can continue to move forward to get a full weight SC M-90 AOD into the 10's. Us low budgit guys are still trying extra hard to keep up with the Kevin's and Dave's ;) Nice work Kevin you got good fab skills and drag racing know how in due time you will be a 9 second car hope so with the time and money you put into your project

Actually all i had to cut off was the spring perch, shock mount(just for more tire clearance) and a crossmember that was attached to the trunk floor. I am going to run Strange double adj. shocks. with Moser 33 spline gun drilled axles. 9's are now my goal without nitrous. I will be running a Hogan sheetmetal high rise intake with a centrifugal charger hopefully for the 2008 season. with that and maybe a powerglide tranny, i may be able to get there

Back