clutch prob

camaro03

ok heres the deal, i just put a new motor in my car, i put a new clkutchm drove it for 600 miles, it worked great didnt slip, i then had to change my accumulator, now it slips pretty bad, could it need bled? is there a vaccume line that runs to the clutch to engage it/ disengage it? or could this just be coincedence and the clutch just cant handle the performance? i got it from summit and it was considered a Racing Clutch, when i did it i didnt replace the pressure plate, throwout bearing or have the flywheel resurfaced, any help would be appreciated

camaro03 said:
ok heres the deal, i just put a new motor in my car, i put a new clkutchm drove it for 600 miles, it worked great didnt slip, i then had to change my accumulator, now it slips pretty bad, could it need bled? is there a vaccume line that runs to the clutch to engage it/ disengage it? or could this just be coincedence and the clutch just cant handle the performance? i got it from summit and it was considered a Racing Clutch, when i did it i didnt replace the pressure plate, throwout bearing or have the flywheel resurfaced, any help would be appreciated

If your referring to the ABS Accumulator, then you could have gotten some fluid on the clutch surfacce. This would certainly cause a slip. There is no vac. lines that run to the tranny, only a single hydraulic line (You have 3 to 4 connectors near the back of the tranny for speedo, gear position, etc). You can do three things, run with it for a while, and try to let the clutch clean itself off (be gentle) or you can take the access cover off (Driver's side of tranny) and squirt some water up there, take it for a spin, and HOPE that helps or you can take the tranny apart and clean it with aceton.

Just a word of advise: When replacing clutch, ALWAYS replace the pressure plate, throwout bearing, slave cylinder, and have the flywheel resurfaced. It's just good practice.

i just thought of something, could i spray brake cleaner through that hole? that would take care of the brake fluid, maybe carb cleaner? thanks

Back