PDA

View Full Version : Check In

Brad Klein
02-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey guys hope everyone came thru alright looks like it was a rough night

Flip
02-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Good in West Orlando, looks like most the bad stuff was up by Rick and over by Dan's area.

Cobra85
02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
I survived, though the drive in to work was rough.

SCreamin
02-02-2007, 11:59 AM
all is well in Belle Isle by the airport..... it did get pretty spooky with the wind whipping all over the place...

rzibilske77
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
all is well in Belle Isle by the airport..... it did get pretty spooky with the wind whipping all over the place...

good to hear you guys are ok.....latest 14 reported dead...pics i have seen are unbelieveable......be safe.:eek:

Brad Klein
02-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Good in West Orlando, looks like most the bad stuff was up by Rick and over by Dan's area.

From the looks of it it was south of Dan I was more worried about Rick

AMD[H]unter
02-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Wow, guys! I hope all y'all are ok. I saw a quick clip, but it didn't tell me exactly what happened.

Kurt K
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Anybody know how Ocala (I think the notheastern side) did? I've only tried a couple of times, but I haven't been able to reach my buddy that lives there. Although I suspect cell phone service is jammed due to everyone checking in.

SCreamin
02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
No idea man... i've tried to reach Victor twice as well, but it goes straight to V/M...

Jake
02-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Rick is ok. I just spoke with him on the phone. He doesn't have power and says its a mess there. I saw on the news it killed 14 people apparently one of them was Rick's friend. He's taking the family over to his parents house if they don't get power back soon.

Brad Klein
02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks Jake

So were still missing a few Victor, Mike, RJ, Greg and im sure Bryan is ok or you would have said some thing right Glenn

Sweet90SC
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey, I dunno how long I'll have service here I have tried to get on several times only to have service die....so fast as I can... It looks like a horror movie here I cannot even describe it. Yes sadley I lost an old high school friend that lived on lake Mack in Paisley. I am on generator power right now but we are told we will have power within the hour. Nextel didn't work till about an hour ago..so please pray for my home and my neigbors we are all just pretty much stunned...
Thanks Rick

Sweet90SC
02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Anybody know how Ocala (I think the notheastern side) did? I've only tried a couple of times, but I haven't been able to reach my buddy that lives there. Although I suspect cell phone service is jammed due to everyone checking in.

Kurt I know for sure that all of Ocala was spared any tornado damage. But long distance phone service in this whole area is bad as well as internet. this is the longest I have been able to be on all day. I'm sure he is ok but if you'd like I can try to contact him with local landline service if you know his number..

Rick

crich
02-02-2007, 07:47 PM
I spoke with Victor late yesterday and he and his wife were planning to go to St Augustine for the weekend......maybe they had already left before the storm. May want to try his cell if any of you have that number.

SCreamin
02-02-2007, 07:50 PM
yeah that's the one i was trying... he's prolly live'n it up with the wife in Augustine... and has his cell phone off...

Gregthespy
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey guys,
Aside from a slow, wet drive to work in the brunt of the storm I'm fine.
Rick, I hope everything works out for you and I'm sad to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was affected by this storm.
Be safe,
Greg

Kurt K
02-02-2007, 11:49 PM
I finally talked to my friend and he was fine. His brother on the otherhand, lives a little south of Ocala and was only a few miles from the bad damage. He had some very minor damage.

Thanks for the update Rick. Sorry to hear about your high school buddy.

XR7Kurt
02-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear all you guys made it through. Sorry about your friend Rick. Anyone hear from Victor yet?

Kurt

90SCPARacer
02-03-2007, 03:14 PM
looked like an SC owner got hit, i thoguht i saw one in its lid, it was white, hope everyone made it out ok glad to hear from everyone. what kind wwas it F4? looked liek it on the news.

Sweet90SC
02-03-2007, 08:36 PM
looked like an SC owner got hit, i thoguht i saw one in its lid, it was white, hope everyone made it out ok glad to hear from everyone. what kind wwas it F4? looked liek it on the news.

F-3 on the new scale supposedly

90SCPARacer
02-03-2007, 09:03 PM
thats right abotu the scale. stupid meotoligists changed it, why is there those people, i think anyone can guess if its gonan snow rain etc. lol anywone hear on the others if they made it out alright.

SCreamin
02-03-2007, 10:14 PM
on the phone with Vitor now... sounds like they did okay. I'm sure he'll post shortly.. it's hard to get a line out on his cell

onequiksc
02-04-2007, 08:21 PM
My condolences Rick, what an awful event...

We had nothing but rain and thunder/lightening here, all is well.

Makes me very thankful when I see what some are going through.

mike williams
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Checking here,
Sorry to hear about your friend Rick. If there is anything I can do to help out just let me know. As for us we managed just fine, no damage to speak of. Well maybe a limb or two down. If I havent been working so much, then I would have checked in sooner. All's well here.
Mike

Sweet90SC
02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Hey Mike someone from your old stomping ground named Capt Trunks was looking for you...