EGR Hose

txsc

While pulling my SC/Plentum assembly today, I broke the small hose that runs from the actual EGR pipe to the electronic box (with the wiring connector) mounted to the rear of the plentum assembly. This line looks special, and likely is, because of the temperatures involved.

Does this line/hose/tubing have a name, and is it commonly available? I don't want to install vacuum line, becuase I think it will burn.

I can take photos if clarification is needed.

Thanks!

JD

Photo

Here is a photo of the offending line. It's the gray one that runs from the EGR tube on the left to the black electrical box on the right, where it is broken.

Thanks,

JD

Attachments

• EGR HOSE.JPG
    EGR HOSE.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
Is it 3.75" long? If so, I think it's made of teflon. I don't see how the hose can break. The nipple on the EGR transducer (the black electrical box) must have broken.

Is it 3.75" long? If so, I think it's made of teflon. I don't see how the hose can break. The nipple on the EGR transducer (the black electrical box) must have broken.

That's the one, and nope, the tubing broke. The end of the tubing, with the spring clip intact, is still attached to the transducer. The hose looks brittle due to heat/age. Do you know if this tubing be obtained from the parts store?

I can send you a good used one on Monday. If you need it urgently, you'll have to pay for shipping. PM me you address.

Back