coolant leak?

Given the multiple potential locations for a coolant leak on these cars your going to need to do at least some detective work for us to be able to help you. Is your car leaving a puddle or is the level in the radiator consistently going down?

Most likely you have a shot water pump. They leak from the weep hole under the snout. Best thing is to rent a pressure guage from Auto Zone= Free and put some pressure in it to see the leak.

Sounds like the same symptoms I had with a water pump leak.
If you have to do a pump replacement, its a good time to do a new thermostat also.

Good luck pulling the power steering pump pulley!
There are plenty of posts to give you the details.

Don't wait to long to fix, and risk an over heated engine.
Thats the first step to popp'in head gaskets.

I had a problem when I replaced my upper coolant pipe with a new chrome one. It kept leaking around the area where it bolts to the intake....It took about 5 tries to finally get it to seal properly. it would drip down on top of the water pump though.

Coolant leak

I've had three T-Birds with 3.8, 2 were SC's. Two of the three leaked from around the engine front (timing) cover. Annoying, but just kept an eye on it and added a little coolant to the overflow tank every week or two. Removing cleaning and resealing the cover cured it.

Right now I have a similar problem on a 94. I found when the I put presure on the system I had a leak between head and intake manifold on the drivers side. The coolant was pooling up right under the T stat pipe on the top of the timing cover . I played hell trying to see in there but finally found it.

There are 4 or 5 long bolts that go into the block from the water pump though the timming cover. Use some sealent on those threads or it will be sure to leak again.

Back