Air filter

NightMare3.8

hey guys just curious to see if a conical filter on the stock intake with removed intake silencer would help out alot and if it would make the SC louder..want to get a CAI but if just a filter would equal or come close then ill save the 160 as for its gunna be on my daily driver..

Power wise you will not see a gain. Sound wise not much either as the rubber intake tube really absorbs most of the sound. The metal tube of the CAI kits is what produces a lot of the sound. Do a search for the Focus CAI. It's pretty cheap and should be what you are looking for.

Thomas

do an ebay search for thunerbird sc. I foung a complete intake with filter and a replacement piece for the maf for like $40 from a company that makes them. I think it was polished aluminum or steel but cant remember exactly.

Be advised that sharp bends just prior to the mass air meter will very often create problems with how the meter measures the air.

David

This is a personal preference but I like this one that goes on down where the air silencer would be right in front of the left front wheel you get true cold air that way too. nothing from under the hood. Just stay out of any deep pot holes on rainey days..:D

Attachments

• pictures 058.jpg
    pictures 058.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 71
  • pictures 055.jpg
    pictures 055.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 64
air filter

I have one of those 2 piece aluminium $40 CAI's off ebay. Seems to work just fine and saved some $$ for other things. Not sure it makes any Hp difference, but the sound is great.
Gerry

Yeah Im sure if you throw a K&N on that ebay setup you would see some HP difference. $40 for the K&N filter $40 for the piping setup off ebay, thats only $80 for a working CAI.

Back