clutch line help

limige

working on my sisters car again...
last oct i pulled the m5r2 and rebuilt it. thanks to you guys i was able to track down the parts for the job. previously the clutch and hydro throwout bearing was replaced.

when reinstalling the tranny we had serious issues getting the clutch line to engage. we finally got it to hold but wouldn't you know it we got the coldest weather of the year and the thing let go.

so where i can get something to replace that end, or do i need to do the whole line? i really don't want to redo the whole line since the master cylinder is buried! i recently had to do a fuel line on a lumina and we were able to get a repair piece with a double hose barb, just heat up the line and slide it on the barb and let it cool and seal. i was wondering if anything was made like that that could be used in this case.

tried the parts store and ford dealer, they both said i'm screwed. i did a search and saw the conversion kit for braided line that was done last year but this is just a DD for my sister to get to work in. its too cold (-10 to -20) to be messed around doing anything that isn't absolutely necessary.

thanks
mike

The problem is likely not the fitting on the line, but the fitting in the slave cylinder. Is your problem that the hose came out of the fitting, or the male fitting popped out of the slave?

Here is the fitting, note the collar necessary to get the fitting out normally.
clutchfittingline.jpg

Here is the female side of the fitting. Notice the teeth in there. The hold the fitting in the socket due to the machined edge on the male fitting. So if those are engaged but it still came out, that would mean those teeth are broken off, missing, or you didn't get it pushed in all the way last time.

slavefitting.jpg

Back