A couple problems, need a little advise!!!

xmtrxmt

Ok guys, I have this 95 that I bought and Im trying to bring it back to life. First thing is that I cant get the damn Odom to work, I have replaced the speed sensor and that didnt help any, i would really like to get it working becouse I really think that I am drinking fuel. According to map quest, the trips that i have been takeing are right at 260 miles and Im burning like 13 gallons of fuel, mind you that this is 90% interstate runing like 85 sometime 95 or so. Is this normal fuel consumpsion on these things?? Ive changed the pluges and all in it and I swear it burns more fuel with the new plugs, belive me I think that the plugs that I took out had been in there all 200,000 miles lol. It does runa hell of alot smother with the new plugs.
The second prob that I have is that I get a check engine light after like a 1/4 mile and when i ran the code it is saying that the EGR has insugnif flow. I got to looking at it and it looks like I would really need to take the damn plastic thing that goes along between the hood and the windshield?? Know what Im talking about? What is the easiest way to get to that damn egr, it looks like a pain in the ~~~ really but I really want o change it.
The third thing that I have is the DAMN acctuator in the colum broke the other day so Im starting the car witht the gnition box by hand, I have it tucked away under the dash, I bout the part and then this weeken I started taking the colum apart to fix it and after an hour, I was like there is no way in hell that Im going through this so I am thining of just putting a push-button start in it. Any of you guys ever fixed this or put a push-button start in it? If so, How did you guys go about doing this and make it look nice ya know? Thanks guys and sorry for the long post.

260 miles with 13 gallons .. thats about 20 miles per galoon. Not bad if you ask me. I was getting about the same mileage.

- Dan

on the hwy?
really? My 351 stang gets that, I guss I was expecting a little more really, but I do drive it a little hard at times:)

on the hwy?
really? My 351 stang gets that, I guss I was expecting a little more really, but I do drive it a little hard at times:)

For running at 85 mph plus, thats damn good mileage. I doubt my car would get 2/3rds that distance from 13 gallons at those speeds.

David

For running at 85 mph plus, thats damn good mileage. I doubt my car would get 2/3rds that distance from 13 gallons at those speeds.

David

Agreed. At 80MPH, my car gets about 15MPG, and I don't want to know what kind of mileage I would get around 95...:eek:

Regarding the EGR insufficient flow, I had the same problem and was too lazy to tackle the job of removing the EGR valve itself. So I learned a trick posted here that you can remove the throttle body and you can see the EGR port on the inside of the intake (just as it makes the bend). I shot some carb cleaner in the port and poked out some of the carbon with a wire. The check engine light went out (for now!)

Or you could completely remove the EGR valve and clean everything out along the way.

Hey thanks, ill give that a try in a week when i make i back to the house and aftr my damn hand heal up from chnging the plugs, lol. I swear that I thought about sitting on the work bench and crying for a few min in the middle of it!! Then I thought that it would be more manley to just whip the enginers ~~~ that put that car toether like that lol.

Back