Visual difference 89-93 Supercharger vs 94-95

macstbirds

I have an opportunity to buy a complete SC engine, on the ground, for $100. I only am really interested in the Supercharger, if it is a 94-95, so I can install it on my 90SC. The guy says he 'thinks' it is a 94, but isn't sure. How can I visually look at this complete engine, and tell if the supercharger is a 94-95, and not an 89-93 ???

Any help in identifying what this really is, would be very appreciated !!! Thanks !!!

Provided the pulley is the original, you can take a set of calipers of a micrometers and measure the pulley diameter. Also i think the TB's and MAF's are different sizes, although i really cannot seem to remember the specific differeneces right now. Also i would assume the plenum's are slightly different because the rectangular opening on the rear of the late model unit is far larger than the oval opening on the early model units.

un bolt it from the back, and pull the plunum off the supercharger, and the 94-95 SCs have a SQUARE RECTANGULAR inlet on the supercharger, and the same on the PLENUM,

that will be ur biggest clue, is the INLET on the SUPERCHER CASE, it needs to be RECTANGULAR,

also, i think 94-95 Superchargers have a part number on the passenger side of the SC CASE that should start with F4, the F4 says its a 94,

Back