In case anyone local may be interested... Nevermind. She's sold!

Sean, if I had a garage, I'd buy your car so fast heads would spin! It's sad to see you selling her, but I understand... at some point we all have to move on :(

For those who aren't familiar with this car, it's perhaps one of the nicest "pristinely modded" SC's you will ever see! This SC never HAD any rust at all when it was re-painted, and was damn near a frame-off paint job to boot! Sean is a stickler for detail and NO compromises were made at any time during the work that was done (I know this for fact, as I have contributed a little "elbow grease" to this car personally :) )

Sean always took a balanced approach to mods, and favoured reliability above all. He never settled for "good enough" and insisted on top-quality parts as well as things being done right. Pictures just don't do the car justice... you MUST see this in person to truly appreciate all the hard work and effort that went into this SC!

-----------

PS. Sean, I've got to come up there sometime soon for those LEDs (Ed's project).

Sean, I know that Matt Leskiw is still after a clean 5-speed car. Hopefully he may be able to make a deal with you. It would be great to keep the car here in southern Ontario.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Taurus, that could ruin anyone's day. :(

cheers
Ed N.

Good Luck with the sale Sean...your SC is the cleanest one I have ever seen...

Cheers.
Samir...

First off, glad that you are okay after the fender bender.

Second, that is the deal of the decade given the condition of the car and what has been put into it. I'm tempted to buy it myself just because it's such a great deal. Damn!

Thanks for all the compliments on the car, guys. I really appreciate it. I can't give the car away for like $4k or $5k, but this new price will hopefully make it a reasonable purchase for someone who's serious about taking the car to the next level, or just plain out enjoying the car as it is. The reality is the car has spent more time under construction, or just sitting in my garage in the past four or five years than it has out on the road. That just doesn't make sense to me. It's just not what I bought the car for back in July of '01.

...And Paul? I've got a cover for the car that you could put on it even if you kept the car outside. ;)

I'm considering putting together an auction on eBay for the car, just to get it a little more exposure. I'll just need to hold the price a little higher to offset the costs of going that route.

Cheers,

Sean

Such a pristine car - I'm insanely jealous of whomever gets her.

I haven't had the chance to see it in person since a couple years ago - but if the way Sean took care of her then is any indication, you'll be nothing but impressed.

Good luck, Sean (and check your PM's :) ).

Sadly, there have been very few inquiries about the car. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm going to have to sell the friggin' thing off in parts to get rid of it. I can't believe that people don't even value it at $8,800 CAD!!!

I'm sure if I offered Alecia the Sawzall, she'd help me part it out!

Is there seriously not anyone in the SCCoO interested in taking over with this car at this low price?!

...All this is doing is reaffirming how insane any of us is for spending any money on these cars. ...Pathetic.

Can you tell I'm getting a little frustrated?! :eek:

Regards,

Sean

Sean, I feel you pain man. If you remember I have listed my car for sale a few times over the last 8 years or so. I have never had any serious takers and I was not about to gve it away for free.

So, I put it away for the winter, do some more mods (so I'm not bored) and get some enjoyment from it for another few years..........until I have had with the car again and put it up for sale.....if it dosen't sell for a reasonable price then, guess what, I am not giving it away.

For me it's not worth it to sell my car for $6000.....I'd rather have it sit there and I drive it once in a while and enjoy it, even if it is once in a while.

Sean,

All I talked about Friday night at the shop was I wish I had $8000 to buy a friend's SC! I could sell my SC buy your's and have one with the thousands of $$$ worth of mods I have been working on already done. Unfortunately, at this time anyway $8000 may as well be $80000.:( This doesn't help you any I know, but if If I had it ($$$) I'd have it! (SC).

Last edited:
Thanks, Dean. I know you've put a great deal into your SC just in the past year also, so I'm not surprised that you wouldn't be so quick to jump into another car.

I wonder if Wayne Ing misses his SC?! ...Maybe I should email Sebastien Capel and see if he wants to get back into an SC?! I wonder what Will Rishworth is up to, and if he would want to get back into an SC?!

So far, I've had one person who might be interested, and they're from Michigan.

Sean

Sean,

I know you probably don't want to do this but like you hinted to earlier, it might be better if you parted it out.....if you really wanted it gone that bad.

Sean,

I know you probably don't want to do this but like you hinted to earlier, it might be better if you parted it out.....if you really wanted it gone that bad.

Sadly, this is starting to look like a real option. I think it would kill me to actually 'deconstruct' the car now, but perhaps the only way to get any reasonable amount of money back out of the car would be to do this. Maybe I need to advertise the aftermarket parts for sale/trade, asking for stock replacements in return. After I'm done getting what I can out of all the goodies, I can sell the clean, rust-free, stock-like SC for $2k or $3k.

...But what a shame! I remember thinking how noble the mission statement of this club used to be. Now it's looking more and more like the only way to get even a fraction of what you put into these cars back out again is to cut them up and sell off the pieces!

Regards,

Sean

...But what a shame! I remember thinking how noble the mission statement of this club used to be. Now it's looking more and more like the only way to get even a fraction of what you put into these cars back out again is to cut them up and sell off the pieces!

Regards,

Sean

Unfortunate but true. The key is, you won't be cutting your car up. There is a big difference between cutting a car up and parting it out, and parting out your performance mods, returning the car to stock form and selling a great "stock" SC. An SC will still be preserved for someone else to enjoy. Dude, if my #'s come in before it's gone I'll call ya!:D

Yes, I do miss it but I don't regret parting it out and have no plans on getting another one. :D What I miss is the horsepower, not the car itself. When the time comes it will be replaced with something equally enjoyable.

If you don't find anyone who appreciates the car enough to pay a decent buck for it, then part it out and cut it up into little pieces. I actually got a LOT more money parting my car out than I was willing to sell it complete with all the parts and extras thrown in for free. Ebay is a wonderful thing.

What I miss is the horsepower, not the car itself.

Heh...I kind of miss the car. I was dropping off my wife at her aunts house a few weeks ago (she lives around your area)......passed by your house, looked different without the bird on your driveway. :)

Back