scp hood...buying from some guy on ebay...doesnt look right???

so this hoods cool andall...yeah, but the fitment looks waaaay off in these pictures hes posted.

he says he painted the engine bay black, and thats overspray not a shadow, but i think its hella off...any other opinions?

hes looking for $500-600 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...ategoryZ6240QQihZ011QQitemZ320080418521QQrdZ1

The hood doesn't look like it lines up well, but with some tweaking it should fit. However it ALSO looks like there is overspray.

I think you can do better than $500-600 shipped NEW if you shop around.

You can get that hood new shipped from SCP cheaper. I've been looking for another source for hoods but I think SCP has the inside scoop on them.

yeah...

i know right?

cervinis mach 1 is nice, but its no longer $399 its $499...their is always the design concepts route..a mach 1 hood for $319 plus frieght. so like $475

but i dont know if i trust their hoods...

i bought one from someone besides SCP and it was cheaper
it was a couple years ago and i forget where i found it. It was something like "Atlanta Auto Accessories" or something like that

Hmmm, well, looking up Atlanta auto accessories, i find a website for it, and i vaguely remember the format, however they don't list Thunderbird as one of the vehicles anymore.

**edit** on second though, maybe i bought my Xenon Body kit from AAA, maybe i bought the Cervini's hood straight from their website.

**edit2** the hood on the E-bay car ha more rise to it than the Cervini Mach 1. It looks more like the "SCP Ram Air Style Fiberglass Hood"

Last edited:
**edit2** the hood on the E-bay car ha more rise to it than the Cervini Mach 1. It looks more like the "SCP Ram Air Style Fiberglass Hood"

i knew it was a hood from scp...and i also know that $45 crate fees, with maybe another $150 frieght fees, and $50 to ship to my front door this hood the cobra hood with air scoops could be over $600.

but it would be new.

Yeah that is definately overspray on the fender .. dont people use masking tape ??
There is a little bit of rise it looks like on the passenger side, a little tweaking might take care of that fitament issue on the hood / fenders.

You could save a little $ on the home delivery if you had the hood delivered to the shipping company and pick up there.
One hood I bought I had to pick up in Hayward, I think I got a hood for $300 from Legendary and it was $80 to crate and ship through Old Dominion Freight, they didnt do home delivery.
When I bought a Cervinis hood it was $399 and $110 for crating and delivery to my door. Maybe it was Roadway express.

- Dan

That particular hood does have a little "rise" in it along the fenders. I've got this hood on my SC (the first of it's style to be exact) and I have that issue. About 1/2 way up the front fenders on both sides, the hood sticks up about 1/2" too high. This is a result of the way the mold was made. On this particular hood, the company SCP uses did not have a car to fit the hood to (Cobra R with ram air, '89-'93). They took a few hoods already made and made another mold for this hood. The problem with this is that over time, fiberglass will flex. The rise is the result of the hoods used for the mold having flexed and the fiberglass place didn't compensate for it.

Unless you are building a car for competitive showing, it's not that bad. You can see pictures of my SC with the hood on the link provided in my signature. I think it still looks great. I'm just not going to win any competitive car shows, which is no big deal to me.

Here's a direct link to how the hood looks completely finished.
http://www.motortopia.com/files/559/album_calendar_submission_pics/453c3903eba7c/IMG_1070jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
You can see that there is a little rise along the fender, but in all, it's not too bad.

get a new one that guy already put the holes in it for the hood pins, for that price with two holes already in it I would just get a new one

Also, see the top corners closest to the windsheild? Theyre bent and broken up which means the hood was most likely not latched and he did a dan sly and it flew up and smashed the windsheild.

Buyer beware.

Back