Mirrors

Fabulus

I have a strange problem with my power mirrors. They work left and up but they do not work down and right. I have no clue what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The linkage behind the mirror that connects it to the motor drive is probably broken. You can get one from a junk yard off of an LX if need be.

Sometimes the problem is also in the switch contacts. I recently fixed this on my 94 by putting in another switch.

Could be either of these, or it sounds like one of the little plastic adjusters might be broken. Just pop off the glass and see if you can see 2 little white pins that go in, and out as you press the button. Do you hear anything when you press it left, or right? If you don't hear the little motor run, then it's like George said. He's probably right anyway!!! He usually is! I have an extra motor if you need it. Oh BTW the glass just snaps in place, so if you just wedge your fingertips into the little void between the mirror glass and the housing, pry evenly, it will pop right out revealing the motor, and pins. Goes back in by pressing it til you hear it click into place. I've had reason to do these a couple of times....a guy drove at me so close his rear view hit mine! Scared the crap outta me! I was luckey all I had to replace was the glass!
Good luck,
-Jeff

Back