Rear Brakes?

JesseTSI

I am changing the pads on my sc
the rear ones are shot

I had the rotors turned.
I have the right tool to depress the piston on the caliper, but it will not go down at all
I can not fit the rotor between the pads

Any tips to help me out?

I cant find any articles on this

thanks

You have to screw them in and apply downward pressure as you screw them in. Do you have one of those magic caliper cubes or do you have the OTC tool?

I would go to AZ and pick up the OEM tool #27111. it will be about 38 bux to rent and you get all your money back when you return it. That little cube thing is bs...i never got it to work right.

Applying pressure while turning was toooooo much for me. I removed the rotor, re-installed the mounting bracket and caliper. Now that the caliper was held, it was a LOT easier to push and turn. When I tried this while holding the caliper by hand, it would always slip out.

Applying pressure while turning was toooooo much for me. I removed the rotor, re-installed the mounting bracket and caliper. Now that the caliper was held, it was a LOT easier to push and turn. When I tried this while holding the caliper by hand, it would always slip out.

yea this job is fun. well not really:D its a pain but its got to be done good thing they done ware out much.;)

Something to remember....

Don't forget to open the bleeder valve while depressing the piston. This allows any trash suspended in the fluid inside the piston to be expelled from the system, and releases the fluid pressure so that the piston is easier to rotate into the caliper.

u might wanna try sprayin it with PB Blaster. It might just be a lil rusty and need freein up. also...maybe use a rubber mallet to try and knock some rust free if its bad.

Back