PDA

View Full Version : Money isn't a problem, Looking for SC 5spd

docmickey84
02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Hey fellas I just moved to the RI area and just found out that Thunderbirds came supercharged. I've been running Mustangs with family and friends for years and that's all I've ever known. The very idea of a supercharged thunderbird is appealing. Money isn't a problem, does anyone have a car they're looking to let go? Hit me back either on here or by email. Docmickey84@yahoo.com I got my ears open. Thanks

rzibilske77
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
money might not be a problem now...just wait to you own one:D ....goodluck

docmickey84
02-11-2007, 12:54 AM
What do you mean? They don't hold up? Are they junk or something?

supraslow
02-14-2007, 01:37 AM
well i wouldnt say they dont hold up but just like any car thy have there notorious problems but ide deff sat its worth it to get one i just got one in ma for $500 and only put like $200 into it and its great so good luck

XR7 Dave
02-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Check the classifieds. Good ones range from $3000-8000. There are some great deals right now.

I would avoid a "fix-er-upper" being new to the SC scene. They are awesome cars but if you get a bad one it will eat you up before you even get to enjoy it. Most people who have owned the more expensive (of the ones that are for sale) SC's were dedicated to their cars and kept either meticulous maintenance or they have invested volumes of money into them for you to cash in on. Cheap SC's are often worn out and always neglected. Avoid them unless you like working on your car as much as or more than you like driving it.

Most people who are used to Mustangs end up loving their SC's. Be aware, the car is very addicting both to your emotions and your pocketbook. I've owned our XR7 since 1990 and love it to death. I've spent more than a few bucks on it but I regret none of it and it still drives pretty much like new. We take it on long trips all the time and it is 100% reliable with over 200,000 miles on it.

Rob m
02-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I got mine last week on the classifieds on this site. Keep an eye out on there and you will find one.

supraslow
02-14-2007, 04:47 PM
ok well i got mine and it was deff neglected i mean all little things wrong with it and it was all dirts ha ha im done finaly after a couple weeks next i have to tackle the gauge cluster and jbl problems and then im on to the windows cause thay are both off track so that should be fun and them comes all of the intearior work ha ha rips in the leather and all of that good stuff ha ha but then i do have to say im gona end up sinking a few bucks into this car but aftr all of that will come the big mods i hope it hols up for that or ill have to get a nother sc but i have owned 2 mustangs and 2 t-bird v-8s and this is still the bet one ive had even with all the problems so ya good luck to you with geting an sc

SeanMatteson
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
You've got mail!

I'm located up in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. ...But if you buy my SC, I'm confident you'll enjoy the drive home!

Regards,

Sean