PDA

View Full Version : Custom DBL IC & Ported exhaust manifolds

kenewagner
02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I have a DBL IC up for sale. IC is custom built to look & perform. Has divider to split the flow of air for equal cooling through both cores. Custom end tanks for better flow. Side panels are polished Stainless Steel with fan shroud. Fan attachs with inserts and is priced to go with the IC. Price is 425 with fan and I will ship anywhere in the USA free. Ported manifolds are sandblasted to remove rust and scale and than ported. They have new collector studs and painted with a high heat paint. I want 75.00 and I will ship free in the USA.

Ken

Manifolds are sold pending payment

Sampo
02-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Sent you pm.!:cool:

kenewagner
02-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Sent you pm.!:cool:

Just got your PM. Manifolds should work on your car with no fitment problems

Ken

Sampo
02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
How much are they ported?

Any pics inside?

Thomas A
02-11-2007, 03:15 PM
What year car did the manifolds come from?

Thomas

Sampo
02-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Sent pm. again!

kenewagner
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
I dont know for sure the year manifolds came from but the passenger side has EGR hook up on it

Ken

Ddubb
02-12-2007, 05:29 AM
Look like early style Manifolds. The 94/95 have an indent on the 1st runner on the passanger side.

- Dan

kenewagner
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
What year car did the manifolds come from?

Thomas

Thomas: Acouple of things, are you going to the feburary meet in KC? Do you know anyone with 94/95 interior I can get the correct panels and seat belts out of? And Melon dropped off my calendar so I guess I need to get you 17 bucks

Ken

Thomas A
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Won't be making the meet in KC, don't know of anyone off hand that has new style door panels of belts. They never made a 94+ interior in black, so you wouldn't be able to finding matching ones. You could get seat belts from a Mark VIII, but wouldn't be able to find black door panels.

Thomas

superchickensc
02-13-2007, 12:27 PM
hey just wonderin if the manifolds where still up for sale cuz im really interestedin them....!

kenewagner
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks Thomas, I didnt think anyone would go to a meet with the weather the way it is. I plan to just get the correct panels and seat belts and dye them black. Are Mark 8 seat belts the same as a SC?

Manifolds just sold this morning. I will edit the original post to show that

Ken

TSC89
02-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Ken,

I saw several 94/97 T-birds and one Mark VIII setting in the Pick-N-Pull here in Kansas City. I will probably making another run down there this weekend. I would be happy to pick up what I can for you. Let me know what you need and how much to spend.

Melon
02-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Food for Thought: to help avoid shipping costs - I'll be in Kansas City at the end of the weekend. If a deal is made, if you have the opportunity to meet up with me - I can bring 'em back as long as the pieces will fit in the trunk or backseat of a 96 T-Bird :D

-Melon

kenewagner
02-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Ken,

I saw several 94/97 T-birds and one Mark VIII setting in the Pick-N-Pull here in Kansas City. I will probably making another run down there this weekend. I would be happy to pick up what I can for you. Let me know what you need and how much to spend.

I know a 94/95 interior can slip right into place on my 93. I havent heard for sure yet from Thomas if Mark V111 seat belts will work yet. I will be needing the panels that cover the seat belts and the retractable part as well as the part of the seat belt that bolts into the floor next to the consel. I will send you a PM with my phone # and maybe you can call me with what you find

Ken

kenewagner
02-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Food for Thought: to help avoid shipping costs - I'll be in Kansas City at the end of the weekend. If a deal is made, if you have the opportunity to meet up with me - I can bring 'em back as long as the pieces will fit in the trunk or backseat of a 96 T-Bird :D

-Melon

Thanks Andy

Melon
02-13-2007, 05:23 PM
No Problem :cool:

Melon Parcel Service is there when you need us.. as long as we're in the area :eek: haha

-Melon

TSC89
02-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Andy,

Are you going to be down this way both this weekend and next? Or just the weekend of the mini-meet?

Melon
02-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Just the weekend of the mini-meet.

I'm not exactly sure where we're eating - but I think it's a Red Robin somewhere in the city :D Yes I know, really narrows it down, huh. And Duane invited me to stay with him (Thanks :D)

If you want, e-mail me [email protected] to work on details - if anything is found :)

-Melon

kenewagner
02-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Intercooler is still for sale.

Ken

Merlon
02-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Intercooler is still for sale.

Ken
$200 shipped

i can buy it new for $360,and with a fan and shipped, for less then $30 more than your charging without the middle manhttp://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=51604

ThunderDave
02-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Um, Ken knows all about those. ;) :cool:

007_SuperCoupe
02-17-2007, 09:29 PM
$200 shipped

i can buy it new for $360,and with a fan and shipped, for less then $30 more than your charging used...http://www.spinningwheels-sc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=51604

Ken makes these double intercoolers for Victor. So in effect, you'd be buying direct instead of through Spinning Wheels. It's not "used" as you would term it.

Not to mention this one comes with a stainless steel shroud and fan...

Merlon
02-18-2007, 12:04 AM
victor, for 57 more you get the perma cool fan...why is ken chargin the same price? and my bad i guess he never said used, but cmon, with victor im paying a small premium, like a middle man, why is it the same price from the merchant?

007_SuperCoupe
02-18-2007, 12:35 PM
It costs the same from either of them for the same reason that it costs the same to purchase a Lentech transmission from Victor or direct from Lentech, MSRP. People who sell products for a manufacturer want to know that they have an opportunity to actually sell the product. If the manufacturer then lowers their price to the "wholesale" price, now the vendors don't make any money because they've got to lower the price. That's where the MSRP comes in...it's a set price that everyone can sell it at. It's no different than the MPX from Magnum Powers or any of the other vendors who are distributors.

If you don't want to spend the money on this item, then don't.

Merlon
02-18-2007, 01:36 PM
its not even your item for sale. who said i couldnt make an offer, if he accepts then thats awesome if not, thats fine too.

you need to relax.

007_SuperCoupe
02-18-2007, 01:41 PM
its not even your item for sale. who said i couldnt make an offer, if he accepts then thats awesome if not, thats fine too.

you need to relax.

You're the one who asked...

Merlon
02-18-2007, 01:54 PM
You're the one who asked...

but my first post is only of concern to ken. like i said i offered and thats that.
no smug comments, all he can say is yes or no...

Melon
02-18-2007, 04:38 PM
but my first post is only of concern to ken. like i said i offered and thats that.

But your the one who offered him half of his asking price. IMO, that's a hit below the belt. Ken's Intercooler isn't just something that's slapped together. Just take a look at them compared to the others.

How much is shipping from Victor? Do you have any cores to provide Victor? If I read it right (and correct me if I'm wrong) Ken isn't asking for any IC cores.

-Melon

kenewagner
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM

Sorry no on the offer

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
02-18-2007, 04:51 PM
If I read it correctly....

With Spinning wheels you start off with $500 bucks..Minus two cores that you supply makes it $400..Then there are options..

However..He has a new price listed for $360. This may or may not include the 100 for two cores bringing the price up to $460..Then add fan ect

In both cases fans are not included nor is shipping.

So even if you use teh lower $360 price..Add for a fan..add for shipping..Its probably about the same.

Buy from Ken or buy from Spinning Wheels..Either way you get a great product made by the same person.

Ddubb
02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Thats okay Merlon .. an extra Intercooler is pretty cheap at the junkyard, then I can cut it up and find out how much my cousin wants to weld the Aluminum. Im sure it will be cheaper than either one here.

- Dan

kenewagner
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats okay Merlon .. an extra Intercooler is pretty cheap at the junkyard, then I can cut it up and find out how much my cousin wants to weld the Aluminum. Im sure it will be cheaper than either one here.

- Dan

There are always someone who thinks they can build a performace product with some bailing wire, a welder and a buddy who will slap it all together. I start building these Dbl ICs because a stock Dbl IC with stock tanks doesnt flow well. You ask your cousin how much to strip all the old paint & grease off the used cores, weld up custom end tanks, dont forget to install a divider in the upper tank to divide the air flow, Resealing all the epoxy so it doesnt leak and pressure testing it. Stainless steel shroud that the fan attaches to with inserts. Painted with an Epoxy Primer and industrial urthane high gloss black paint.

Ddubb
02-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I think that was a bit uncalled for.

Im just offering to help a local SC owner, not trying to step on your toes or offer a superior product. What youre doing is not all that difficult. You dont know me, my abilities, or what me and my cousin have accomplished in custom fabrication.

Thanks for the information and rude comments Ken.

- Dan

kenewagner
02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I think that was a bit uncalled for.

Im just offering to help a local SC owner, not trying to step on your toes or offer a superior product. What youre doing is not all that difficult. You dont know me, my abilities, or what me and my cousin have accomplished in custom fabrication.

Thanks for the information and rude comments Ken.

- Dan

You are right, my comments could be considered rude. But this is my take on this and I see it a lot. This is my thread that I started to sell a car part. You come into this thread and say you can do it for another guy cheaper. Start your own thread. Nobody in this club like another member to hijack their thread. If you think you can do the guy better than PM him and take it off my thread. Im trying to sell a part here. Sometime in the future if you are trying to sell a part, think how rude you want to be when another guy comes on and saids what you said. As for Merlon he wants to ask for a part for half the cost it is advertised, most people will consider that an insult. I will retrack my rude comment to both of you as I am not a rude person. Please stay off me thread unless you are considering buying my part.

Ken

SC_crawler
02-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Can anyone point me to where I can just buy that fan seperate?

kenewagner
02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Can anyone point me to where I can just buy that fan seperate?

This fan can be bought from Victor at spinningwheels

Ken

superchickensc
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
alright sry not to interupt the arguing amounst u ladies but i was wonering if the manifolds where still up for grabs

jiggybee
03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
what kinda of horsepower does it make on a stock 92

Thomas A
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Innercoolers do not make horsepower.

Thomas

johnrada
07-10-2007, 03:07 AM
double intercooler still for sale? :) post is a little old but from what i see no one claimed their prize if you will

chadder1313
07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
still wanting to know if there up for grabs?

kenewagner
07-11-2007, 08:53 AM
still wanting to know if there up for grabs?

Dont have one now but can still build them to order

Ken