one cylinder not firing

XR7Kurt

Is there anything besides a bad spark plug/wire that would cause only ONE cylinder to not get spark?
Thanks,
Kurt

There are other things that would cause it to not fire, but as far as not recieving a spark? I don't think so.

Check to see if spark is coming out of the coil pack for that cylinder. Its rare to lose spark on just one cylinder but I have seen It.

Thanks guys, I replaced the wire and the plug and that didn't help. I swapped out the coil pack and I'm getting spark to that cylinder now but the car is still running very rough so I solved a problem I didn't know I had. Unfortunately it seems as though I have a bigger problem.

Kurt

If the coil pack failed, it sounds like the DIS module if screwing things up. That's about the only thing in the ignition system that could damage a coil pack.

If you have a buddy in town with an SC you can try swapping his Dis for yours to verify thats the problem.

Turned out to be a vacuum leak that I hadn't been able to track down before. It just finally got bad enough to make the car run really bad. I guess my ear isn't calibrated because I didn't think the hissing had gotten any louder.:rolleyes:

Kurt

Back