Opinions on Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Tires......

R

RancherV6Lee

Opinions on Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Tires......

I need a new set of tires for the SC and found these tires for 87$ each for 245/50/16's and the look like a heck of a deal and seem to have decent/good rating a tirerack. I was wondering if any off you guys are running this tire and what your opinions are on them.

Re: Opinions on Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Tires......

I just put them on a couple thousand miles ago, if that. So far, I like them. I've had good dry traction and I had to test them out once in the rain, so I took it up to 100 MPH in standing water on the road while it was raining. I didn't hydroplane or even come close to it.

Dale

There are better tires out there, but...

Not for the money IMO.

I've been through just about every name brand of tire you can mention in 11 years of SC ownership, and they are better than most of the others at a bargain price.
They aren't the best wet weather tire I've owned, but in all other areas, they are good or very good. I would buy them again. I have about 20K on mine now, and it looks like i'll make it to 30k before I need to renew.

The only thing I really dislike about them is cosmetic; I prefer a clean flat sidewall and they are ribbed . So tires dressings tend to take more work to spread and can look somewhat uneven. I know...pretty fussy eh?

That's me. :)

Re: There are better tires out there, but...

Hah! So I'm not the only one that hates that, huh Dan? :D

Dale

Kumho tires

I just bough a set of them in 255/50/16 and they are brand new never been mounted. I changed my mind after buying them and now I'm trading them in at Discount tire on a set of BFG Drag radial of the same size. I was told that they would not hook up well enough for my application even though they handle very good. Discount is giving me $70 each for them.

Dan

Re: Kumho tires

well I guess I'm going to hate the sidewalls now also, Just ordered a set of 245/50/16's for 389$ shipped to my door. And they should hook up ALOT better than the 90,000 mile tread wear Michelins on the car now that are about 1/4 treadf and a huge rock stuck in the tread on one :( time to go smoke some tires off before the new ones arrive :)

Re: Opinions on Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 Tires......

The Kumho's only last 30k (miles I'm hoping), is that under normal or "abusive" driving conditions.
Thanks.

Back