H/G difference

Pit Bird

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 94/95 FEL-PRO Part # HS9642PT1 And the 89/93 FEL-PRO Part # HS9642PT

Last edited:
You know I have an early set out there and some new MLS. I know the obvious but I will look at the holes to see if there is anything.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the 94/95 FEL-PRO Part # HS9642PT1 And the 89/93 FEL-PRO Part # HS9642PT

Yes I can. The valve cover gaskets are different for the 94-up. Unless the 94/95 is the only one you can get, because you will have to spend another 35bucks for the right valve cover gaskets for the 89-93.
I just went through this with my 91. Apparently the parts counter guy did not know the difference between a 94 kit and a 93 kit. Go figure.

the deal is I was sent the 89/93 gasket set and they are going on a 94 am I going to have to buy the valve cover gaskets and maybe something else or will they work on the 94

If they gave you a 89-93 head set then you WILL have to get the valve cover gaskets seperatly. If you can return it, get the right kit. Or for $20 + shipping, I'll send you a brand new VC gasket set!

i think the coolant passages are different! check that out first!

i think rockauto can show you pictures, and you just compare them by the years

no, the coolant passages are not different. The reason for the different number is likely the valve cover gasket. The heads, as far as the gaskets are concerned, are essentially identical.

The MLS gaskets have never been specified for our engines. you have to go to a Ford F150 4.0 spec or late model mustang 3.8 to get the part number for the MLS gasket.

See this thread if you want to look at MLS gasket options.
I went with the Felpro Permatorque MLS gasket for the 98 Mustang 3.8. Part Numbers: PN 9262PT and 9263PT

I checked most of the individual gasket #'s and so far all I found was in fact the valve cover gaskets are diffrent part #s. All the rest that I looked up were the same. I did not have to much time when I posted to run all the part #s down so I thought it would be quicker to ask fellow sccoa members and it was ;) . I thank you guys for helping a brother out

Back