clutch change out

TX91supercoop

I heard the gas tank has to come out in order to take out the transmission i was wondering if that was true? I have a 91 supercoop.

Last edited:
Gas tank removal is not necessary. But you will need to move the diff. to allow the drive shaft to be slid back far enough. Support the diff., remove the 4 retaining bolts and allow it to tilt downward. The axles will rest on the A-frames. You might need to support the nose with something to prevent stretching the ABS wires or you can remove them before dropping the diff. down.

Follow what he said to do and you'll be in great shape. This will save you a lot of time and headaches with the removal.

-Tim

or you can remove the front u joint and lift the driveshaft up to remove trans just watch the needle bearings or just put a new one in while its off.

Gas tank removal is not necessary. But you will need to move the diff. to allow the drive shaft to be slid back far enough. Support the diff., remove the 4 retaining bolts and allow it to tilt downward. The axles will rest on the A-frames. You might need to support the nose with something to prevent stretching the ABS wires or you can remove them before dropping the diff. down.

Thats the best way I have found to do it. Also gives you the chance to check everything back there. Ive tried the front joint deal but forgot to tie the damn thing up and it kept falling. So either way works well but the dropping the diff to me is the easiest.

S

Back