Can an end-link cause this?

darkstar_one

Can a end-link, energy suspension, in the rear, be too short and cause a horrible, too stiff, rear end?

the reason i am asking, is because i have energy suspension end-links and i am trying to pin-point my sloppy rear end, by sloppy i mean, it rides horrible in the back, i have KYB GR-2 shocks, less than a year old.

maybe if i put in some stock end-links, see if that helps,

when you replace the endlink,with energy suspension, are you supposed to jack up the control arm to make it fit? cuz thats what i did on both sides, and i jacked them up pretty high too,

when the car is lowered, on a flat surface, it appears the sway-bar and control arm are parallel to each other,

also, i did replace my lower control arm, front and rear bushings, and i know i need to replace the toe compensator links, they are shot, but dont have the 200 bucks for new ones.

Last edited:
Did this change happen after putting in those end links? If so then I would blame the end links. But don't forget Energy Suspension is polyeurethane, so it will stiffen things up. My 165k LX rides awful, while my 160k SC rides and handles great, both stock. I think my problem with the LX is junk shocks, rotted bushings and lower and wider tires though. Put up a little more info, like is the car lowered and what your replacement bushings are made of. If they are also Energy Suspension polys, I'd say that is your problem.

well, before i replaced my bushings, with stock ones, it would just a tad smoother, then, i replaced the bushings, and put in some energy suspension end-links and it seemed to got worst,

i also have red poly-urethane SPRING isolators in the rear also,

the reason i replaced the end-links was because one of them was rusted half way through and it was eaten half way through,

the upper-control arm bushings are in great shape, the only other thing that needs replacing in the rear is the toe-compensator links....

The stock stabalizer bar hole is too small for any after market endlinks and causes binding on the bolt which is the reason some people have bent these. Energy suspension uses cast urethane which is crap in my opinion because it does not meet OEM durability. Unless you have an after market bar with larger holes, use the stock links which use urethane bushings. I am personally running a addco 1.125 rear bar with endlinks from the front of a GMT900. BTW I work for a company that produces OEM endlinks ;)

-Miller

I don't really get an employee discount, the things are sold for under $2 a piece to the OEM. My boss told me to put some on my car so I just went about and found the ones that would work best. The GMT900 (2006+ Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado...etc) has a 135mm centerline, about an inch shorter than stock. Its a pretty stout piece with 53 durometer shore D urethane bushings and an M10 bolt capable of sustaining over 10,000 cycles at 2500lbf. Not sure what these pieces go for from the dealer but I am guessing around $20-30 each.

I forgot to add that if the urethane in the OEM pieces isn't stiff enough I believe some one was offering a rebuild kit with stiffer pieces (urethane does have different durometers, some people forget this). I believe it may have been MN12 Performance since I can't find it at SCP or spinning wheels.

-Miller

Back