Question for all those SC owners.

Dizzo7693

I was changing my spark plugs and was removing the lower intercooler pipe when I found oil coming out of the pipe itself. What does that mean? Help me please. I'm about to put a rebuilt supercharger with a 10% pulley and I don't want to ~~~~ anything up.
Thanks

thats oil blow-by. its the build up of oil in the intake system from the circulation of the PCV valve.its very normal. just clean it all out with some carb cleaner or just some rags. good luck with the new SC!

sweet

Sweet thanks. Also real quick quest. Like it says in my previous post. I purchased a 10% pulley for the SC and recently I changed the head gaskets and eliminated the cat. so it's straight out with Flows(Flowmasters) all the way back. Also running Autolite Double platnum plugs(APP764-short ends) with spitfire wires. On a motor that has 136,000 miles on it. Will I be alright or is it a must to do some other mods? Thanks for your help.

With what you have done you will be fine with the 10% overdrive. Rule of thumb is to open up the exhaust before overdriving and it sounds as though you have that covered.

-Tim

I have to copy the previous answer...change the rear end ratio...

Sami

Last edited:
I was told that if I take the whole rear end from the Mark VII automatic(Whatever that is) it will save me time from tring to align the pinion gear in the diff. Is that right or can I do it another way and/or with another vehicles diff.?

Most Mark VIII's came with 3.08's with the exception of the LSC's which I believe got 3.27's. Regardless all Mark VIII's have open differentials because they came with traction control. The Mark VIII pumpkin is aluminum vs. the cast iron unit found in the T-Birds/Cougars. You don't state if you have an automatic or 5 speed car. If you have a 5 speed car then you likely have 2.73 rear gears. You can find 3.27TL rear diffs from 89-93 automatic SC's that would swap right in. 94-95 automatic SC's got open 3.27's or 3.31's because they came with traction control. If you have an automatic there are no factory pumpkins that you can swap in that have shorter gears. If that is the case you will need to buy aftermarket gears and install those (probably by someone acquainted with the procedure).

The Lincoln Mark VIII is the cousin car of the Cougar/T-Birds. What year is your car? What kind of driving do you plan to do with it? I personally like 3.27's with the 94/95 transmission and 3.08's with my early style transmission. Bear in mind I don't do a whole lot of drag racing, almost all street driving.

Back