How do I wire a car for push-button start?

xmtrxmt

I have a 95 T-Bird SC that the damn actuator in the Colum broke (part of the ignition system) Well after buying the part, dissembling the steering column for the most part I discovered that this is more of a pain in the ~~~ than anything, me not really knowing what the hell I was doing didn’t help any either. :) Anyway, I want to put in a push-button start on it but I also want to be able to just sit and listen to the radio and all. Can anyone send me a wiring diagram that would show mw which wires to attach to which switch in order to do this? I am guessing that it is going to take more than one switch for this. Can anyone help me out? I have never done this before so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Wire from the quick disconnect on the starter solenoid to the switch, and then another wire from the switch to the positive side on the battery.

Just keep in mind if its a stick anyone who gets into the car can crank your starter and cause the car to roll with out the key. A better bet would be to find the solenoid wire on the ignition swicth, remove it from that location to your push button. This way you would need the key to be on and your safety swiches will still be intact.

for some reason i still dont need the key to start it now,lol. I am using the box under the colum to start it now but im getting tired of having to stow it away under th dash after every start and stop you know

Got any pics of how you did this, My switch in my car is going out as well, The whole assembly is pretty loose.

How do you have to still use the key to put it on accecories? Any pics or better description on how you installed it would be great.

Word of advice if you uses a project box for the push start button use black rtv silicone adhisive and stick it under the dash. It will never come loose.

Back