jbl problem

supraslow

ok well a nother problem i guess wll i got the car with no radio in it and i have the harness for a new cr player and i hooked it up and it has power but no speakers ive cheacked all the wiring and fuses just cant get any sound and suggestions
?

well i looked at amps in the back and on the driver side silver amp there is a grey and red plug that isnt connected to anything could that be a prob?

What do you mean by the driver side amp?? There are 2 amps in the system. One is on the pass. side of the drop down tray, and the other is mounted to the sub box on the pass. side. Teh module on the center of the tray is at ABS computer, and drivers side is the ARC computer... Just wanted to make sure that we are talking about the same piece of equip. here since none of the amps are silver...but the ARC and ABS are.

ha well i guess i just asumed it was an amp but it is the one on the far wall of the driverside but im not sure whats goin on with that plug

it now all works but i should have figured the sub would be blown so befor i romove it anyone know what size it is so i can just replace it

Blown subwoofer

it now all works but i should have figured the sub would be blown so befor i romove it anyone know what size it is so i can just replace it

You don't have to replace it -- you can have it reconed by a competent speaker-repair shop for (as I recall) $50-75. I had mine done five or six years ago, and it's just like new.

--Al Evans

ok well i guess there is my answer im gona have to get a 6.5 in sub and take apart the jbl and replace it hey i think its worth a shot and i can always add new subs on later

Back