PDA

View Full Version : Dusk Photos

SCreamin
02-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Finally had some time to take a few dusk shots of the car... "needs painted up top but the sides look good sitll.. i was going to wash it but it was going to rain... figures.. :( i did clean the wheels n tires though :)

will have to get it painted black when i can afford it.....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130031.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130030.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130029.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130028.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130024.jpg
with the flash off they didn't come out too well...
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130025-1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a30/sr7hensley/P2130025.jpg

SuperChicken89
02-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Looks good!

Why don't you bring it to the Waterford Lakes All Ford Show on the 24th of this month? There should be several of the SCCoF people there. I may even limp my old SC there:D

Link to show infohttp://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85071

Bryan

SCreamin
02-14-2007, 02:39 AM
i'd like to swing by and say hi, but it's nowhere near show worthy... lol hopefully i'll be able to.

Brad Klein
02-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Why in the world would you want to paint it black :eek: I like that color and the way everything shows up on black I would leave it. For the record I would never do a black car again they look good when they are clean but they only stay clean 5 min after you wash it.

SCreamin
02-14-2007, 10:03 AM
That is a problem with having a Black car. But Birds look good black....

unless i can get the same color scheme but have it mostly the blue color with a purple accent... i dunno..

XR7Kurt
02-14-2007, 07:32 PM
but it's nowhere near show worthy...
Mine wasn't either but it sure looked good reflected in Dan's paint!:D

Kurt

SCreamin
02-18-2007, 12:39 AM
i was just reminded that the 24th is the day after our anniversary, so i doubt i'll be going anywhere that has ANYTHING to do with cars or anything that requires any type of fuel...

But on the good side of that it's our 11yr anny!!!

onequiksc
02-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Congrats on the anniversary, it's tough to stay together these days, so you gotta do what you gotta do, best wishes. :D

Brad Klein
02-19-2007, 08:45 AM
unless i can get the same color scheme but have it mostly the blue color with a purple accent... i dunno..

That would be cool plus you wouldnt have paint the engine compartment

Congrats on the anny Pam and I are going on 11yrs of being together and 5yrs married

SCreamin
02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Nice!! Grats to you also... and thanks!!!

victor malvar
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi Sam, I thought I saw a leak spot on the concrete the 1 st or 2nd picture? Ah that must be from the other car. It is a nice looking car. Now let's make her go like a Jack rabbit, Or a Scalded Dog, or a Raped ape. Take your pick....;) :)

SCreamin
02-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi Sam, I thought I saw a leak spot on the concrete the 1 st or 2nd picture? Ah that must be from the other car. It is a nice looking car. Now let's make her go like a Jack rabbit, Or a Scalded Dog, or a Raped ape. Take your pick....;) :)

That would have been from the old car that was totalled....

victor malvar
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
That would have been from the old car that was totalled....

What ever Sam I was kidding with you. Mine leaks everyone in awhile. As long as it's not consistent. I'll talk with you soon!

Take It easy!

Your Buddy!

Kit Sullivan
02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey! Don't be too critical of your own ride. I would much rather see a 'well seasoned' car at a show that has seen some recent serious pampering from the owner than a pristine car that is dirty and unwashed.
The inevitable scratches,scars and bumps from a high-mileage driver can sometimes more easily reflect the dependability and history of a trusted 'steed' and the return loyalty a car gives back to it's caretaker than a low-mileage trailer-queen owned by someone undeserving who may have recently acquired the car by happenstance could ever hope to.
At concours shows, like 'Pebble Beach' and 'Lake Mirror Classic', unrestored originals are given high points for the 'patina' that comes with age. For the ultra-serious enthusiast, sometimes that 'patina' gives a level of authenticity and sense of provenance that no amount of obsessive restoration can deliver.
Some look at it this way: No matter how much anyone may attempt to recreate the car in the same state it was when new, the ultimate goal can never be achieved: It can never be 'new' again. That quality is gone forever once a restoration of any magnitude is begun.
But...the patina of originality that exudes from an unrestored original will always be a direct and irrefutable link to the actual history of the car. That history can never be duplicated...only replicated.
I feel that way about many things that were a part of my life throughout the years: As a teenager, I was a big...I mean BIG...sorry, I mean REAL BIG KISS fan. Knew berything about them, the music, you name it. (I've gotten way past the point of being embarrassed to admit it!) When they announced in the mid-90s that they were re-forming, I was naturally excited. Took my wife and kids and we had a great time. I must admit, they were putting forth a serious effort to 'do it right' the second time around, too. But it still wasn't the same...it couldn't be. Something about the 'original incarnation' of anything makes it seem more genuine.
'STAR TREK' was a big favorite of mine too as a kid. The later iterations of the show were vast improvemnts over the cardboard sets, foam-rubber aliens and velour costumes of the original, and they even hired some people who could actually ACT for the new versions too! But it still isn't as enjoyable to me as the original.
If your car has some 'battle scars', don't hide it away in shame and embrassment! Display it with pride and enthusiam!
It's not a bad car because of the blemishes, it's a great car in spite of them!

Rock On!

SCreamin
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
What ever Sam I was kidding with you. Mine leaks everyone in awhile. As long as it's not consistent. I'll talk with you soon!

Take It easy!

Your Buddy!

Oh no, really my SC leaks nothing man, to which i am really supprised, due to 135k miles. it's pretty dang clean and dry underneath. My old car was a Daewoo Legainza that leaked like a groupie after a KISS concert!! :D (just for you Kit) Had a really bad valve cover leak and pissed oil all over the driveway until i had it fixed. Then the timing belt broke, paid 3400+ for a top end rebuild with a new head last march, then last june some genius pulled out in front of me and totalled it. oh well... much happier with my SC, i just wish i hadn't spent all that money on fixing the old car just to have it destroyed a couple months later.

victor malvar
02-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi Sam I believe you! I really do Sam!!!

I see Brad is a Daddy now. Well that's good I think he will make a good dad.

Sam I will talk with you soon. I picked up a 1994 From Geogia I got lucky to find aone that is well taken care of.

TTYLater.
Victor......

victor malvar
02-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey! Don't be too critical of your own ride. I would much rather see a 'well seasoned' car at a show that has seen some recent serious pampering from the owner than a pristine car that is dirty and unwashed.
The inevitable scratches,scars and bumps from a high-mileage driver can sometimes more easily reflect the dependability and history of a trusted 'steed' and the return loyalty a car gives back to it's caretaker than a low-mileage trailer-queen owned by someone undeserving who may have recently acquired the car by happenstance could ever hope to.
At concours shows, like 'Pebble Beach' and 'Lake Mirror Classic', unrestored originals are given high points for the 'patina' that comes with age. For the ultra-serious enthusiast, sometimes that 'patina' gives a level of authenticity and sense of provenance that no amount of obsessive restoration can deliver.
Some look at it this way: No matter how much anyone may attempt to recreate the car in the same state it was when new, the ultimate goal can never be achieved: It can never be 'new' again. That quality is gone forever once a restoration of any magnitude is begun.
But...the patina of originality that exudes from an unrestored original will always be a direct and irrefutable link to the actual history of the car. That history can never be duplicated...only replicated.
I feel that way about many things that were a part of my life throughout the years: As a teenager, I was a big...I mean BIG...sorry, I mean REAL BIG KISS fan. Knew berything about them, the music, you name it. (I've gotten way past the point of being embarrassed to admit it!) When they announced in the mid-90s that they were re-forming, I was naturally excited. Took my wife and kids and we had a great time. I must admit, they were putting forth a serious effort to 'do it right' the second time around, too. But it still wasn't the same...it couldn't be. Something about the 'original incarnation' of anything makes it seem more genuine.
'STAR TREK' was a big favorite of mine too as a kid. The later iterations of the show were vast improvemnts over the cardboard sets, foam-rubber aliens and velour costumes of the original, and they even hired some people who could actually ACT for the new versions too! But it still isn't as enjoyable to me as the original.
If your car has some 'battle scars', don't hide it away in shame and embrassment! Display it with pride and enthusiam!
It's not a bad car because of the blemishes, it's a great car in spite of them!

Rock On!

Good comparison I think that is very true. Sam is very conciencious about his SC and should be it's a gorgeous car. I was Kidding with him. We speak frequently and make plans for getting together and working on our cars. He has a tight scheduler. I would also preffer to own a nice car with one owner is it's original paint etc. Than a restoration unless there none to be had at all than a resto. Might be the only way to go. Look at Barret Jackson! Some of those restorations were like a phoenix the came back from dust only to sell for $3,000,000,000.00 Million for a 1970 Cuda. I believe that it becomes feverish in those auctions. What are the chances of the buyer of a 3 million dollar Cuda reselling for 3 million? Slim. I still think you must start your own article or column to write about your flowing knowledge and experiance in your own words! Just like you do now! Keep it up.

Kit Sullivan
02-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the kudos. Now, if only more than one person (you!) found my rhetoric tolerable, I could get a new job!

victor malvar
02-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the kudos. Now, if only more than one person (you!) found my rhetoric tolerable, I could get a new job!

Hi I just woke up and saw this... You never know who else may be watching!!! My opinion is all you need:rolleyes: :p ;)

SCreamin
02-22-2007, 09:58 AM
LOL!! "If I want your opinion I'll give it to you" :p