Air Ride Controll?

Supercoupe218

sorry may be a stupid question... but do all super coupes have this? what dose it do exactly? and the switches on the center console On/0ff....i couldn't find anything in the FAQ forum about what it is or anything.

edit: sorry one to many l's in control...

well as far as i know they all have it and what it does is on firm ride your ride is a bit stiffer and in auto rie it handels a lil smoother for causual driving

Just to clarify it is Automatic Ride Control. No air unless you are talking about a Mark VIII. The system uses adjustable shocks that receive input from a multitude of sensors to determine when the shocks should be in the "firm" setting and when to be in the "soft" setting. There should be something in the owner's manual about the driving conditions that will trigger the system.

Just to clarify it is Automatic Ride Control. No air unless you are talking about a Mark VIII. The system uses adjustable shocks that receive input from a multitude of sensors to determine when the shocks should be in the "firm" setting and when to be in the "soft" setting. There should be something in the owner's manual about the driving conditions that will trigger the system.

ok..so even if the two switches are Off it will still change the from soft to firm?

There is only one switch for the firm ride. Turning this on will force the system to the firm setting. There are several things that will cause it to automatically switch to firm. One is HARD brake pedal (even sitting still). Another, is going over 90 mph (so i've heard). I think hard turns (alot of steering movement at speed) will also do it.

This way you have the best of both worlds. Soft for speed / community bumps while stiffer for interstates / speed.

ok..so even if the two switches are Off it will still change the from soft to firm?

There is no off for ride control. It is either in auto or firm. In auto any of the triggers being activated will adjust the shock damping rate to the firm setting (triggers are hard app of brake peddle, speed, body roll, and throttle position) for maximum handling, and then switch back to soft once the car is back to normal driving. If you are planing on doing some hard driving and don't want the system to go back to it's soft ride, you can manually set the switch to "FIRM" which will lock the ARC in its firm ride mode. The second switch beside it (which I assume oyu are referring to) has nothing to do with the ARC. It is the switch to turn the fog lights on and off.

There is no off for ride control. It is either in auto or firm. In auto any of the triggers being activated will adjust the shock damping rate to the firm setting (triggers are hard app of brake peddle, speed, body roll, and throttle position) for maximum handling, and then switch back to soft once the car is back to normal driving. If you are planing on doing some hard driving and don't want the system to go back to it's soft ride, you can manually set the switch to "FIRM" which will lock the ARC in its firm ride mode. The second switch beside it (which I assume oyu are referring to) has nothing to do with the ARC. It is the switch to turn the fog lights on and off.

o ok thanks....i didnt get a real good look at the switches but there the two that are in front of the center console and besdie the E-Brake.....

460270_33_full.jpg

Back