PDA

View Full Version : Checking interest for a Florida tuning session.

XR7 Dave
02-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Looking to see who might be interested in a Florida tuning session. Post up if you think you would be interested this spring and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

David

the-big-e
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Since I missed it last year, I would like to get it done this year......:D

SuperChicken89
02-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Dave... you know I'm there. Need new tune baddddddddddd!

If we get enough people who need a tune, you can stay at my place to save a few bucks. The dog won't mind someone sleeping with her on the floor:D

Bryan

SCreamin
02-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I suppose i'd need a tunable chip first?

SuperChicken89
02-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I suppose i'd need a tunable chip first?

Yes you would.... Dave happens to have those.

Bryan

AMD[H]unter
02-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I am in if it's in north to mid Florida.

Flip
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I will be up for it depending on when it is. I still need to finish my new blower/plenum and have no SC time right now. Looking like May or June for me.. Iíll keep watching for it.

Sweet90SC
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as Flip...If I'm done yea I will need one bad...also need the chip...

fordmangordo
02-16-2007, 10:50 PM
how much is a chip
and what do we do at a tuning?
how much is that cost
i need a tune bad also

XR7 Dave
02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
A chip is $350 with tuning and if you already have a chip then tuning only is $200. Dyno time is additional and depends on the shop we work with. Tuning involves spending about 1-2 hours with the car datalogging and working with driveability conditions and then about another hour on the dyno, possibly less if things go well.

Expect this to take up to 2 days of your time, more or less because we normally do road tuning on one day and dyno tuning the next. This also gives you a chance to correct any minor mechanical issues before we put the car on the dyno.

Location is not determined, but last time we worked out of the Orlando area. I think the shop we used was reasonably priced.

Typically we would want 5 or more people committed to getting a tune before a session is scheduled. I don't know if we can meet the needs of the group in one tuning session but that's what this post is attempting to figure out.

fordmangordo
02-16-2007, 11:12 PM
does it increse HP

SuperChicken89
02-17-2007, 10:36 AM
does it increse HP

That all depends... it may or it may not. One thing is for sure your engine will be running much safer A/F wise.

Dave you know I'm committed (in more than one way). Lets try to get this done.

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
does it increse HP

Thing is the reason a large portion of guys grenade thier motors is because they throw on a butt load of bolt ons and don't get a proper tune....Generally speaking, that can quite often spell disaster...I've seen it first hand..:D its well worth the money and damn generous of Dave to come all the way down here to cater to us specifically...(the preceding advertisement was brought to you by....)