New Harmonic Balancer Question

A1cntrler

I bought a rebuilt balancer from Damper Doctor. The company that is building my engine needs it and a flywheel in order to balance the new motor. I have the flywheel and damper eady to go, but what do I need to put on the damper so that I don't have to take it back off the motor once they put it on to balance it. Is there some sort or sensor or ring that needs to be attached to it?? I don't have the motor out of my car yet, as I am waiting to get the new one here so I can start swapping parts off of it..

So I should get one of those and attach it prior to sending it off, right?? Is this a dealer type item, or is a used one sufficient..if so, you got one??? I'll come pick it up :D

You may want to put the pully you have on it as well. I would just because it is attached. Mark it with a punch so it is sure to go back on the same way.

Chris

It's not going to be balanced in the block with timing chain, cam and timing cover installed, so the balancer is going to have to be removed to assemble the motor.

David

PS: Make sure the rebuilt balancer you bought does not have a counterweight like the NA 3.8 uses...should be netural balance.

Whats up

When I balanced my engine we used the flywheel,crank,balancer,pulley,rods,pistons and pistonpins. Everything is now with in 4 tenths of a gram. Make sure you keep your balance card incase you have to have work done later.
Dustin

Back