poor mpg..

NightMare3.8

hey everyone i have only been getting 10 miles to the gallon for the past weeks....im starting to get sick of running to the pump every 3 days... also my boost gauge drops to the 10 or so on the left side of the 0 when the tac reads around 2100..could this be the problem? if so why is it doing this and how can fix these a-holes... thanks

need more info, whats your TEMP reading once warmed up? type thermostat?
what is the vac/boost gage read at idle once warmed up? I went through this last fall, 1 thing is for sure winter time is poor MPG season in its self. but not 10 mpg.
do a search & list more info.

A bad ECT Sensor can contribute to poor MPG if the sensor never see's temperature rise enough to get out of the cold start strategy. This assuming it is cold where you are located. The ECT would be the one mounted on the passenger side front of the intake manifold. The sensor on the thermostat housing is for the guage only. The other questions asked of you are good ones and I would like to see those answers as well.

hey guys thanks for the replies...heres some more info ya asked for...
The Temp gauge reads about the OR on NORM when its warmed up and the vac at idle is around 20 -21...i take it the boost droping is because of belt slip possibly but i checked the hoses on the intake plenum when the car was off and i could remove them effortlessly...so i take it those maybe leaking when under boost also... the temps here have been (not joking now) -15 to -25 with windchill for the past 4 days....although the past month has only seen a high above 20 ONCE! Got to love South Dakota huh

Back