94SC+42lbinj+C&L76=?

XxSlowpokexX

Hey guys,

For those with a 94/95. Has anyone used a 76mm C&L on there car with 42's. I know there is no correct ample tube listed and it seems that either a blue or orange may be the way to go...However I wouldnt want the car to be way off as it needs a means to get to the shop for a tune. What is reccomended. I know if I go with a 90mm lighting MAF I can get a good start off tune as I already have one.

Stick with 76?...Get a 90???...DOnt think its worth going with an 80 C&L as that would have the same issues as well,

Just looking for soem good advice

Damon

Damon,
my 94 has the 76mm C&L w/42#ers...It ran fine like that with the correct sample tube. Not sure which now?? Have since got the SCT chip from DD and the car runs MUCH better. It was on the FATTT side for sure. But it ran fine during that time.

Brad

my 76 has a purple sample tube. im running 42's and a 94 blower with a 89 pulley and no tune and it runs fine. im waiting to get a tune befroe installing this 10% jackshaft though because it pings pretty bad with it on there, pulled it right back off

If you are looking for the Lightning 90 I'm thinking about getting rid of mine this spring. Or did you mean you were looking for the tune, not tha MAF :D

Ira

Last edited:
Tim a 76mm?

Ira..I already have a tune for 42's with a 90mm MAF. Miller has a 76mm C&L so I just wanted to get his car drivable with the new parts before a tune

Tim a 76mm?

Ira..I already have a tune for 42's with a 90mm MAF. Miller has a 76mm C&L so I just wanted to get his car drivable with the new parts before a tune

My 95 SC has the 76 C&L MAF, along with many other modifications. It was stock internally though. When dave tuned the car, I think the car was supposed to have a orange tube on it, but it ended up after dynoing the car that the color was I THINK a light blue. I know it was a color i didn't existed. I will have to check on it to verify the color. I think dave had said he hadn't dynoed a car with my combo on it thus far. I believe it was way to lean with the orange, I'd just take it easy until you get it tuned.

I'm thinking either will do then to be close enough to get it there..Ahhhh But if C&L said orange then that may just be the ticket

Portjeff is only a 20 minute drive anyways ! :eek: you say you HAD it on there , you take it off ? if so wanna sell it ?

I know Miller..When I did teh 42's on my 94 with the 80mm C&L it drov efine but would cut out up top. I just want it so your car doesnt foul out plugs or run extremely rich or lean till you get out there..

I could always flat-tow it there if thats the concern.. i can drag it there at like 3am when roads are clear.. a nice 80mph flattow down nichols road at 3am in a 4000lb sled... nice

Damon,
What do you mean "cut out". I have two early SC's getting brand new rectangular blowers.

I also have two 80 C&L's and two sets of new 42's. So far, my brother's car has had a full Flow exhaust with headers, underdrives, %10 SC pulley, MP top hat and a chip came with the car.

Have yet to install a 255 lph pump, MP CAI, 75 mm TB, the MAF (Also have a 77 Pro-M cal for 36's), 42's, and a %10 Jack for it.

Need to know if there will be issues once the rest is on.

It would cut out..I cant say for sure why

I had basically all the bolt ons at the time including a modified blower making 21psi...Mind you some of that was backpressure due to stock cam and heads.

I was getting some detonation up top when car was hot (go figure) so I decieded to upgrade the injectors and went with an 80mm C&L MAF. For some reason I recall C&L telling me to use a clear sample tube..Dont quote me on that as C&L doesnt list anything for the 80mm and a 1994/95 SC. I reccomend calling for yourself

Anyway when I did the swap it idled and ran fine however when under full throttle it would fall on its face.

Thats the limit of my experience with it as I then ripped it apart. Everything apart.

So I highly reccomend a tune with anything other then stock injectors on a 94/95 SC

Miller will be getting a tune however I wanted to know what to start with as I havent had a good experience with this

Back