Alternator Regulator

a0mqdzz

I had my alternator tested at a local shop and it was good. ???? Odd because I have gone through two batteries in a month. They said it had an external regulator that can go bad and to check it. Where the heck is it at is my question?

That is incorrect, You should have an internal regulator, but it is replaceable. You may have a draw on the battery causing the battery problems.

if you go back have them test it 7 or 8 times in a row, i've been through 3 until i got a good one, all myn passed the first 6 times or so, until they got a little warmer and would fail from then on.... good luck

if you go back have them test it 7 or 8 times in a row, i've been through 3 until i got a good one, all myn passed the first 6 times or so, until they got a little warmer and would fail from then on.... good luck

replace your negative battery terminal...my mustang was killing my battery...replaced this and it fixed it.

first thing, check your grounds. You gotta have a fully charged battery when you put the new alternator in. Walmart sells a cool voltmeter by the batteries for $15 that you plug in the lighter socket. It works great for seeing how much draw you have while running accessories. It also tests the alternator and battery. It's even backlit for night time.

Back