towing my SC autox car

ridgerunner

:confused: can i tow my 89 SC auto trans with a tow dolly without disconecting the driveshaft ( will be traveling about 15-20 miles each way:confused:

back it on to the dolly and tow it like that, i've pulled 2 sc's i bought like that, 1 for about 200 miles and 1 about 35 miles

Just curious but are you autocrossing your SC or when you said autox you ment automatic transmission?

Shane

Just curious but are you auto crossing your SC or when you said autox you ment automatic transmission?

Shane

i think he ment can I put my 89 supercoupe that has an Auto trans on the dolly to take it to the autocross event....

ps..35th..is there an age limit on autocross? 18 right?

ps..35th..is there an age limit on autocross? 18 right?

You have to be 18 to step foot onto the event site unless you have a parent there that can sign a minor waver for you. You can race at age 16 as long as you have a valid drivers license.

Shane

You have to be 18 to step foot onto the event site unless you have a parent there that can sign a minor waver for you. You can race at age 16 as long as you have a valid drivers license.

Shane

ok...so at 16 if i wanted to starting doing the auto x events all i need is a valid drivers licince? or do i have to being my mom or dad to sign a waver to let me race?

You'll have to have a mom or dad sign for you then you can. You wont be able to drive up alone and plan to run unless your 18. Its the same for motorcross for me Im 17 and dad has to sign a form for me to race. Insurance policies:rolleyes:

You'll have to have a mom or dad sign for you then you can. You wont be able to drive up alone and plan to run unless your 18. Its the same for motorcross for me Im 17 and dad has to sign a form for me to race. Insurance policies:rolleyes:

ok guess ill talk them into it.....

dose this go the same for drag racing? if your a minor you have to have a parent sign a form too?

That is exactly correct.

As far as drag racing I am not sure. I was over 18 before I made my first pass down the strip. I'd imagine that it be the same though so you'll have to make sure you have a parent with you everytime you want to race for the next two plus years.

Shane

I plan on autocrossing my supercoup with an auto trans. I am not planning on registering the sc thus the towing question. This will be my first year autocross racing. I plan on racing with my son as he will be 16 soon.

I plan on autocrossing my supercoup with an auto trans. I am not planning on registering the sc thus the towing question. This will be my first year autocross racing. I plan on racing with my son as he will be 16 soon.

you just gave me a idea....

Maybe i can get my dad to bring the 5.0 out and auto cross with me!

Got any pics of your SC? What class do you plan to run it in? I tried autocrossing my 91 SC with an automatic and hated every second of it. In stock form there is no way to keep the transmission in second gear so the result was me having to shift it from 1st to drive and back down to 1st again which threw off the balance of the car big time when exiting corners. This was on Hoosier slicks mind you.

Shane

I have no clue what class I will be in as this will be my first year racing .I purched the SC to race becouse it was cheap. I hope to have fun racing and keep the car alive till next season

Dont get to carried away with mods otherwise you'll be out classed in a hurry. You need to deside on what class you want to run in and mod acordinly. You'dd be suprised on what class you'd be put in with certain mods.

Shane

Dont get to carried away with mods otherwise you'll be out classed in a hurry. You need to decide on what class you want to run in and mod accordinly. Youd be surprised on what class you'd be put in with certain mods.

Shane

Shane

with a SC in relativity stock Form competitive in the scca? just exhaust and a pulley(5%)

Shane

with a SC in relativity stock Form competitive in the scca? just exhaust and a pulley(5%)

If you put any percent SC pulley on your SC it bumps you dirrectly into Street Mod class. In the class you are against some highly modded cars so you better do more then just a pulley swap otherwise you'll get your rear end handed to you.

Stock the SC runs in F Stock (FS). Stock an SC will do ok in that class but will never be as competative as some of the mustangs and comaros in that class. Now there are some cars that FS that the SC has no problem again but with cars like Cobras in the same class you really are up against some better cars. In FS you are aloud to change only the front sway bar, put in a K&N panel filter, you can change the cat-back but factory cats and manifolds must be unmodded, you can run any shock you want, factory wheels that came with your year car must be used but you can run any tire, all other factory suspenssion bushing, springs, parts must be used, replacement stock bushings and parts can be used as long as it does not alter the suspenssion in anyway from stock, you can not remove any weight from the car except for the spare tire and jack. I think that about sums up the rules in FS.

Now how good will your SC do in stock form depends on a number of factors like milage, condition of the engine, transmission, and suspenssion and so forth.

Shane

If you put any percent SC pulley on your SC it bumps you dirrectly into Street Mod class. In the class you are against some highly modded cars so you better do more then just a pulley swap otherwise you'll get your rear end handed to you.

Stock the SC runs in F Stock (FS). Stock an SC will do ok in that class but will never be as competative as some of the mustangs and comaros in that class. Now there are some cars that FS that the SC has no problem again but with cars like Cobras in the same class you really are up against some better cars. In FS you are aloud to change only the front sway bar, put in a K&N panel filter, you can change the cat-back but factory cats and manifolds must be unmodded, you can run any shock you want, factory wheels that came with your year car must be used but you can run any tire, all other factory suspenssion bushing, springs, parts must be used, replacement stock bushings and parts can be used as long as it does not alter the suspenssion in anyway from stock, you can not remove any weight from the car except for the spare tire and jack. I think that about sums up the rules in FS.

Now how good will your SC do in stock form depends on a number of factors like milage, condition of the engine, transmission, and suspenssion and so forth.

Shane

hm...ok what are the mod limits that would bump me to the next class but keep me in that class?

Back