PVC valves

1owner89

My bird is smoking anytime I give it more than half throttle and the oil smells like gas 500 mi after it’s changed. The car has only 102k on it. I'm thinking a new PVC valve may fix it and couldn't hurt but I can't find one anywhere. Rockauto only sells Fram now and my dealership said they’re all gone with no possible substitutions. Where do we go from here with no PVC valves on hand?

Here is a quote from XR7 Dave in a previous thread,

"The Ford ones are the only ones that work properly. A supercharged motor builds crankcase pressure under boost and the Ford ones are the only ones what will positively seal stopping crankcase pressure (and lots of oil) from getting into your intake plenum. A good valve should only pass air when under vacuum. No aftermarket PCV valves are any good for our motors."

good enough for me :D

sean

the part number is Motorcraft EV 145 if you can find it, thats too bad about Rock Auto not selling anymore

Last edited:
Im not to sure a PCV valve is your problem. It sounds to me that you are running way too rich or a injector is stuck. It lets gas get past your rings and into the crankcase.

Did a PartsVoice search for ya.
Best to call the phone numbers. Some may ship.
Equivalent Part Number:
MotorCraft EV-145 = Ford # E9SZ6A666-A

Hope this helps
Take Care
dbd

Attachments

• PCV-search-1.jpg
    PCV-search-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 161
  • PCV-search-2.jpg
    PCV-search-2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 143