bad vibration,need help

gerry'ssc

Need help chasing down a bad vibration. Car is 93 5sp. New mounts and u-joints. Fresh short block,clutch. Vibration is a constant vibration/drone that can also be felt when car in neutral and rpm's brought up.Car has good tranny mount and when I shake motor there is no contact with metal. Any ideas?

thyanks for replying... I will pull the plastic cover off and have a good look. they cost 600.00canadian here. any hints on a cheaper one down your way.

You say you replaced your clutch. I had this happen twice. The pressure plate was out of ballance and gave me a horrible vibration that got worse with more RPM`s. These were on so called brand new parts.

either way I guess I will check the front first. Should I see a noticeable wobble or pull it off and also check for cracks?

I see you have a new short block as well. The harmonic balancer should be replaced anyway. They will all fail sooner or later. Someone on here said a new company was going to make them. Do a search on balancer. If that dose not cure it the pressure plate would be my next target.

Might want to check the firing order as well. (I know that sounds silly, but I just wanted to mention it.)

Back