Price on Chroming

neverfastenough

I have some extra 90 style wheels laying around Id like to get Chromed any one know what it might cost? I have a friend who can powercoat them professionally for 10 dollars a wheel if I prep them But I cant decide on a color Id like better than the stock color. I have seen a few pics of the stock wheels chromed and I like it. Looks good on black. So if anyone knows a price chime in. Thanks

Yeah I second that thought:D .I tried to get my stock ones chromed but the local chrome shop said they could'nt chrome them that it would'nt stick properly.Don't know if that's true or b/s but that's what they told me.You could also sand and polish them yourself but from what I've read it takes some time.

Jay

I thought chrome powdercoat would be the same color as stock? I dont think it is a mirrior type finish like chrome. Ill have to ask him for a sample.

The amount of shine depends on how well the substrate is prepared and what the substrate is.

I have seen really shiny chrome liek chrome powdercoat and not all that shiny done from same coated..Thats what he told me

I don't no why you call them chrome they are aluminum look at the rim on my sig thats polished aluminum and thy do look awsome when thy are done i found mine at a scrap yard i only paid 200 for all four:D it was a awsome deal i coulden't turn down:)

I don't no why you call them chrome they are aluminum look at the rim on my sig thats polished aluminum and thy do look awsome when thy are done i found mine at a scrap yard i only paid 200 for all four:D it was a awsome deal i coulden't turn down:)

Some wheels were chrome I have a set off a 89 that are chrome I can tell cause they are peeling

The junk yard I went to had an owner with a mullet and was a corvette lover. I played dumb and he said 35 bucks a wheel. I said cool Ill take 2 right now. He said well if your taking 2 30 a peice:eek: Worst part of the deal was the locking lug nuts:rolleyes:

Back