Vibration with BHJ

Mopar00Neon

I just installed a BHJ with stock pulley balanced to it on our '90 SC. Everything goes together well and seems all is fine. Until I start it. When cranking and running, you can see the pulley and balancer wobbleing. It starts and runs just fine, but the wobbleing doesnt make me want to call the project done. Any ideas on what could be causeing this? The machine shop said it was balanced, but maybe they didnt balance the pulley with it as a unit? What are to signs of a bad crank?

The car has been broken for longer than it was running since we bought it, and we need it back ASAP.

Thanks.

well make sure the balancer is on all the way as is the pulley on the balancer. If its wobbling then its not a good sign at all..COuld be a bent crank

is it the pulley or balancer wobling...Recheck

I'm 99% certian that the pulley is not bolted on correctly. The 4 bolt holes on the pulley and balancer are not symetrical...one hole is about 1/16" out of phase. It's close enough that you can get all 4 bolts started, but the pulley won't bolt down flush to the balancer.

David

So, I double checked, and rechecked. Everything is installed right. I called my machine shop and they said the balancer and the pulley were balanced together and were good.
I think my crank and/or bearings took a crap. How much does a new crank cost roughly?

Though I have a feeling the car is getting sold as is, or parted out ultimately. We've owned it for a few months and it only ran for 2 weeks, and we're fresh out of money at this point.

So, I double checked, and rechecked. Everything is installed right. I called my machine shop and they said the balancer and the pulley were balanced together and were good.
I think my crank and/or bearings took a crap. How much does a new crank cost roughly?

Though I have a feeling the car is getting sold as is, or parted out ultimately. We've owned it for a few months and it only ran for 2 weeks, and we're fresh out of money at this point.

Bent crank could be the reason for your need to replace the balancer in the first place.

You can't buy Supercoupe crankshafts new, gotta find someone who has a good used one. Post on the "want to buy"
page, i'm sure someone can help ya out

Last edited:
Back