PDA

View Full Version : Poor Mark

Sweet90SC
02-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Just couldn't stand to let the old man win one I guess....:(

Harvick is a ~~~

SuperChicken89
02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Thatís CRAPCAR for ya...... they didn't throw the yellow when the cars were crashing.... Thought the recent policy was cars wouldn't race back to the start/finish line? If that were the case, Martin would be the winner. Things that make you go hummm.

I think it is great that they can make up the rules as they go along.

Bryan

sdw
02-18-2007, 10:59 PM
"Just couldn't stand to let the old man win one I guess"

Can't imagine Martin would want to win one because the other guy didn't do all he possibly could to beat him.

sean

the-big-e
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
I have always hated Harvick.....

Martin had everybody covered......

I hope Harvicks car fails post race inspection.....

I wonder why they didn't finish the race when the big crash occured....:rolleyes:

Flip
02-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Because itís NASCAR and they make it up as they go along. Hey its entertainment not auto racing if the owners had any guts they would start their own league, Itís a big Money machine.. I like Mark as well as anybody but nobody is going to let him win, By the rules of ďtodayĒ (Since they didnít show the yellow and raced to the line) Harvick won and beat him. I was as heartbroken as anybody today, but thatísí NascarÖ.. never know whats going to happen.

AMD[H]unter
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I agree that they should have thrown the caution when the wreck happened, and thus froze the field. It's the rules, but they think they can make them up as they go along. I love NASCAR, but the way they are running it lately is going to kill it for the "traditional" fans, but not for the "hollywood" type fans. NASCAR is just to damn commercialized. I miss the good ole days when I first started watching; the days where you could watch a real race.

I used to go to the night race at Bristol every year, but I haven't gone for 2 years now.

EDIT: I really hate it for Mark. This is quite possibly his last 500, and it was all but stolen from him. Poor Mark, I really hate it. Harvick sucks.

SuperChicken89
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
unter;609783']
EDIT: I really hate it for Mark. This is quite possibly his last 500, and it was all but stolen from him. Poor Mark, I really hate it. Harvick sucks.

Nobody stole the race from Mark...he lost it fair and square. I have a problem with CRAPCAR and how they bend the rules to fit the situation. They are the ones who decided there would be no more racing to the stripe several years ago for safety reasons. So why did they race to the stripe and not throw the caution flag when the cars started crashing? Answer: Because it would look better on TV if they raced to the stripe:cool: CARPCAR is all about how it looks on TV. Its got nothing to do with racing.

And don't even get me started on their "Lucky Dog" freebee. What other sport gives a team something for nothing? Just more crap from CRAPCAR.

Rant off:D

Bryan

garsc
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
I am a BIG NASCAR fan But the truth of the matter is that THEY made the decision not to race back to the stripe and a caution would be shown to avoid anyone getting hurt. My problem is the inconsistency with what Nascar does from week to week. THat may work with all the newbe fans but it dont floatwith us old timers. Nascar used to be black and white now they want to use gray and all other colors. I feel Mark Martin got robbed and Kevin Hardhead {Earnhardt wana be} had one handed to him on a silver platter. Kevin Harvick wouldnt make a good pimple on Dale Sr's A$$..

Sweet90SC
02-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Nobody stole the race from Mark...he lost it fair and square. I have a problem with CRAPCAR and how they bend the rules to fit the situation. They are the ones who decided there would be no more racing to the stripe several years ago for safety reasons. So why did they race to the stripe and not throw the caution flag when the cars started crashing? Answer: Because it would look better on TV if they raced to the stripe:cool: CARPCAR is all about how it looks on TV. Its got nothing to do with racing.

And don't even get me started on their "Lucky Dog" freebee. What other sport gives a team something for nothing? Just more crap from CRAPCAR.

Bryan

Yea see thats my point Bryan.. I mean the commentators had no more than just said if they had a wreck the caution would come out immediately and the field freezes and the FOX cameras shots would be used to determine the winner if need be....THEY HAD JUST SAID IT...and then NASCAR lets them race back to the SF line...What a bunch of bullsh!+... I know damn well if Lil "E" or Gordon were in the exact same predicament they would have thrown the caution...thats the inconsistant NASCAR I was referring to when I said they just couldn't let the old man win one..not Harvick stealing it he did win it by whatever rules NASCAR was using at the time...Harvick is a ~~~ because of how he addressed it afterward....... And thats just a personal opinion..:D

garsc
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
My point exactly if it would have the #24 #48 or the #8 The caution would have been thrown. Nascar wil do what dollars dictate. Poor Mark driving for an upstart team got screwed.

AMD[H]unter
02-19-2007, 11:22 PM

Bryan

That's what I meant too... Mark did lose it, but NASCAR bends the rules.

the-big-e
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I saw the post race interview with Mark.....

What a stand up guy.....

I hope he never retires.....

PS: Did I also mention that HARVICK SUCKS !!!!!!!

garsc
02-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I had to run my mouth about Harvick now it seems I'll be going to work at Jiffy Lube which is owned by Shell/Pennzoil. :eek: I just hope none of my new bosses belong to the SCCOA. :)

ufdb
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Mark's been my guy for years now, but the thought of him winning the 500 in his first race driving a chevy made me ill.

But Gary is right, if that had been Jr or Gordon they would have thrown the caution. Nascar is fun to watch, but it definately could be better if they didnt cater to certain teams more than others.

the-big-e
02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I am not going to buy anything from Shell, Pennzoil, or Reese's......:mad:

Sweet90SC
02-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Thats great Eddie...Both you and your car will last alot longer..:D

SuperChicken89
02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Mark's been my guy for years now, but the thought of him winning the 500 in his first race driving a chevy made me ill.

You know the fans make more out of the car brand than the drivers do. To the drivers they are just another racecar. I would have loved to see him win even if was driving (dare I say) a Toyota. I'm a fan no matter what he is in.

I have been a Martin fan long before he was in CRAPCAR way back in the days when he ruled ASA. I remember him being the talk of ASA at the young age of 18 in the mid to late 70s.

But Gary is right, if that had been Jr or Gordon they would have thrown the caution. Nascar is fun to watch, but it definately could be better if they didnt cater to certain teams more than others.

I don't necessarily agree with all of this statement. I think CRAPCAR did what they did for the "Show". It isn't about racing anymore. It is more about the show.

Now I don't think Gordon gets the respect he disserves. Hell the guy has been racing since he was 4 years old. When he finally made it to the big show he had 20 years of experience. I personally think he is one of the best if not the best driver out there. And don't think I am a big fan either because I'm really not. But I do think the guy can drive. Now JR is only in CRAPCAR cause of his name. If his name were Jones he would be serving burgers at Mickey D's. He is more about who surrounds him rather than pure talent. He can drive a racecar and win races but I don't think he really has the pure talent. But what he is doing has made him the most popular driver with fans and sponsors.

Bryan

XR7Kurt
02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I always liked Mark Martin but not as much now that he doesn't drive a Ford. I like the competition between brands first, then the drivers. I think the race is 95% car. That's what I come up with after seeing a driver dominate for a few years and then he only wins once or twice every couple of years. I'm losing interest in NASCAR fast and probably will never watch a winged car.
I liked the finish just because I can't stand ever seeing a race finish under a caution, I just don't get it.

Kurt

Sweet90SC
02-21-2007, 07:19 PM
You know the fans make more out of the car brand than the drivers do. To the drivers they are just another racecar. I would have loved to see him win even if was driving (dare I say) a Toyota. I'm a fan no matter what he is in.

I have been a Martin fan long before he was in CRAPCAR way back in the days when he ruled ASA. I remember him being the talk of ASA at the young age of 18 in the mid to late 70s.
Bryan

Ditto.....

bloodybobber
02-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Harvick would have never won it with out the bump draft from Kenseth who had a solid 3rd or 4th finish and then ended up 27th. I bet he wishes he had not done it. Catch you later, Bob.

ThunderDave
02-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I think most people watching the race were scratching their heads wondering why the yellow didn't come out. Does nascar have a different policy for throwing the yellow if it's the last lap? I don't think so. In past races, we've seen them finish under caution when it wasn't needed.

I don't blame Harvick for racing him hard to the line, I mean it's the Daytona 500 and it's the race that everyone wants to win. I just think the nascar officials drop the ball.... er....uh....flag on this one.

Brad Klein
02-23-2007, 11:44 AM
If his name were Jones he would be serving burgers at Mickey D's.

Lets not bring RJ into this he is barely on here to defend himself :D :D :D

I have been dare I say a Mayfield fan since 96 I could care less what kinda car he is in. I dont like the fact that the cars dont look like the real thing and only 2 of the 4 come with v8s and only one of those is RWD. If they want to keep the speeds down at Daytona make the run FWD V6s or the body of the actual car.

I dont like that Harvick took it away from Mark, but if he didnt and hes still racing in 30 years he may be in the same boat that Mark is in now and kicking himself that he didnt win. They should have thrown the flag andMark should have been the winner and there should be no top 35 in point get a free ride into the race if your fast enough your in if not you go home.

SuperChicken89
02-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I think most people watching the race were scratching their heads wondering why the yellow didn't come out. Does nascar have a different policy for throwing the yellow if it's the last lap? I don't think so. In past races, we've seen them finish under caution when it wasn't needed.

I don't blame Harvick for racing him hard to the line, I mean it's the Daytona 500 and it's the race that everyone wants to win. I just think the nascar officials drop the ball.... er....uh....flag on this one.

It is a well-known fact that CRAPCAR makes up the rules as they see fit in a given situation. I stand by my earlier opinion that they didn't throw the caution because the finish would be much more exciting for the viewing public. And it was an exciting finish. I don't see how they can hold the teams to a higher standard that they hold themselves to. The teams bend the rules and they penalize them for it. They bend the rules and it is all-good. If an organization establishes rules and claims they will enforce them equally, why don't those same rules apply to them? I personally think the teams that were caught cheating for rule infractions should sue the organization for not upholding their own rules when it came to the last lap.

Bryan

ThunderDave
02-24-2007, 12:45 PM
It is a well-known fact that CRAPCAR makes up the rules as they see fit in a given situation. I stand by my earlier opinion that they didn't throw the caution because the finish would be much more exciting for the viewing public. And it was an exciting finish. I don't see how they can hold the teams to a higher standard that they hold themselves to. The teams bend the rules and they penalize them for it. They bend the rules and it is all-good. If an organization establishes rules and claims they will enforce them equally, why don't those same rules apply to them? I personally think the teams that were caught cheating for rule infractions should sue the organization for not upholding their own rules when it came to the last lap.

Bryan

I agree 100%.

Brad Klein
02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree also but I think Nascar wanted to see Mark win and felt if they would have thrown the caution it would have taken it away from him and we would be here talking how its crap that they freeze the feild and dont let them race back on the last lap. What they should have done was freeze the field after they started spinning and let Mark and Harvick race.

the-big-e
02-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree....

I think they should have frozen the field......

Then restart the race with one lap to go......

SuperChicken89
02-24-2007, 11:37 PM
I agree also but I think Nascar wanted to see Mark win and felt if they would have thrown the caution it would have taken it away from him and we would be here talking how its crap that they freeze the feild and dont let them race back on the last lap. What they should have done was freeze the field after they started spinning and let Mark and Harvick race.

I don't personally think they cared who won at that point. I think all they wanted was an exciting finish, which is what they got. And they can't freeze the field and let two cars race (although they do make up the rules as they go along) to the finish.

I think what they did was promote an unsafe condition by not throwing the caution flag. Someone could have been killed with cars spinning into the infield and across the track while other cars raced through the carnage dodging wrecked and spinning cars.

I still have a real problem with they way they uphold their own rules. How on earth can they penalize teams for rules infractions when they don't abide by their own self-imposed rules? That just makes me spin out of control thinking about it.

Mark was going to lose that race regardless of the wrecks. When he tried to move up to block the #29 between turns 3 & 4 and got loose is where the race was lost. When he got loose, he scrubbed off the necessary momentum to stay ahead of the #29. He should have just continued to run his own race down on the bottom of the turns. I think if he hadn't gotten loose, he would have edged out the #29.

Bryan

Sweet90SC
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
anybody see the truck race?...the guy just can't buy a break!