M90 Info

seanyb505

Let me begin by saying I'm new to the forum, but Ive been lurking for a couple days. Allow me to also say I do not own a TBird SC. I own an M90 from a 93 SC. I am currently in the beginning stages of building a stroked engine for my Jeep Cherokee. I was wandering a junkyard when I came across a new to the junkyard SC(RIP). I know enough about cars to know they came with superchargers, so I opened the hood and there she was. They only asked 35 dollars for it, so I couldn't resist. I don't know if I've committed murder to you guys, but the idea of a 300ish HP Jeep gave me the shivers. Anyway, I have some questions after some research. What direction is the pulley turned, clockwise or counterclockwise? Secondly, there is some play in the pulley, is that normal? I know the 94 and 95 rotors came teflon coated, could I upgrade to those, how hard is that, how much, where could I find some?

Any and all info is welcome and appreciated. If you think badly of me, I'm sorry, I'm trying to work with my circumstances.

Let me begin by saying I'm new to the forum, but Ive been lurking for a couple days. Allow me to also say I do not own a TBird SC. I own an M90 from a 93 SC. I am currently in the beginning stages of building a stroked engine for my Jeep Cherokee. I was wandering a junkyard when I came across a new to the junkyard SC(RIP). I know enough about cars to know they came with superchargers, so I opened the hood and there she was. They only asked 35 dollars for it, so I couldn't resist. I don't know if I've committed murder to you guys, but the idea of a 300ish HP Jeep gave me the shivers. Anyway, I have some questions after some research. What direction is the pulley turned, clockwise or counterclockwise? Secondly, there is some play in the pulley, is that normal? I know the 94 and 95 rotors came teflon coated, could I upgrade to those, how hard is that, how much, where could I find some?

Any and all info is welcome and appreciated. If you think badly of me, I'm sorry, I'm trying to work with my circumstances.

the only thing i can answer is that it turns counterclockwise and i have heard of people using coated rotors from pontiac grand prix GTP M90 blowers

Ok my serp belt turns clockwise, is there any way to configure the blower to run that way, other than putting it on a different spot on the belt?

Ok my serp belt turns clockwise, is there any way to configure the blower to run that way, other than putting it on a different spot on the belt?
make sure from another member to confirm that it turns counterclockwise, but from spinning the pulley on the blower thats sitting in my living room it seems that from the way the rotors turn that its supposed to be turned counterclockwise

Thats what i thought too, but we hooked a drill up to it and turned it clockwise and air seemed to come up from the top( I didn't have the top IC pipe connected). I dont know anything about the inner workings of superchargers, but if I feel air from the top, is that where the pressurized air is going to flow?

You won't need to upgrade anything to use it on that motor. You'll need to work out a pulley combination that gives you a reasonable amount of boost. These blowers should not be used above 8 psi without an intercooler and without knowing anything about your current motor I can't say what will be involved in tuning it. If you don't get enough fuel into the motor as well as add some sort of boost retard you'll kill the motor. I also don't know what the Jeep PCM will do with boost. If it doesn't have an MAF you may have problems.

If you can find a 94-95 blower, you want the whole thing. The intake flows much better than the earlier ones did. Alternatively, you can send your rotors out to be coated, but its not cheap. Save your money for a good intercooler and dont worry about it.

Jason

I found a 93 when I wasn't looking for a supercharger. If I find one for 67 dollars like this one, I'll go for it, but I'm in college trying to do everything as cheap as good as I can. As far as the ECU I know it will have to have some adjustments made to it. I just need a confirmation on the spinning direction of the pulley on an actual running Tbird engine. As for the IC, I've got to think up somewhere to put it, I dont have much room to work with in my bay.

FYI I beleive there was somebody on here that was selling the gtp teflon coated rotors for like 110.But you have to move the pins in the gtp rotors for them to work on out sc cases.

Jay

Thank you, but I think I'm just going to stay with the stock rotors. I need to get an engine built to accept boost first. Does anyone know why Summit lists the same piston, one with standard and one with measurements but the standard measurement cost more? Also I know I need to lower the compression ratio in the new motor, should the new pistons have any special characteristics to help lower compression or help make the engine more capable of dealing with boost?

Back