Fuel Injector Noid Light

TSC89

SCCoA Member
I have been reading up on using a noid light to test the fuel injectors. I have been out on the web looking for one and most of the ones for Fords are advertised for the throttle body fuel injection. Can I use this type? If not, who makes the one for our SC's and where can I get it. Thanks.

It should be the same as it just shows the pulses from the PCM to the injector. This how ever will only tell you if you have power to your injector. Best way to test your injectors is a cylender balance test run thought your OBD system. Also it would be very hard to get to all the wires on the injectors.

I bought a set of noid lights (cheapy made in Taiwan) at Advance Auto Parts for around $18. I believe it had 6 different style injector plugs one of which worked on my SC.

Noid light is junk. All it tells you is that the injector is seeing voltage and the ecu is grounding it. It won't tell you how much. Use a DIMM (inexpensive) or if you have one, or know someone that has one use an Oscilloscope (expensive).

Noid light is junk. All it tells you is that the injector is seeing voltage and the ecu is grounding it. It won't tell you how much. Use a DIMM (inexpensive) or if you have one, or know someone that has one use an Oscilloscope (expensive).

Well, I am trying to see if the voltage is at the injectors and check the ECU grounding. If by DIMM you mean a digital multi-meter I have that and I can go from there. The only reason I asked about the noid light is because that is about the only item that comes when I did the search for testing them. Thanks.

Well, I am trying to see if the voltage is at the injectors and check the ECU grounding. If by DIMM you mean a digital multi-meter I have that and I can go from there. The only reason I asked about the noid light is because that is about the only item that comes when I did the search for testing them. Thanks.

Right, but if you are having a problem with amperage/voltage a noid will still light.

Doesnt a good noid light also load check a circuit? Light bulbs are the best way to load test a length of wire, we do it all the time on aircraft. If it can light up and flash the correct noid light brightly (brightly is key word), than its surely enough amperage to pulse an injector right? I thought thats why they were specific to what system type your testing. Probably not good enough to test the pulse width of course, but given some functional injectors your car should still run.

When in a pinch 194 wedge bulbs with the wire contacts bent outward will work as an injector test light for injectors as well.

Back