Pulleys...

Supercoupe218

once again.....

a 5% pulley says a gain of 2-2.5 PSI of boost...

10% pulley said 3-3.5 PSI of boost.....

in terms of bolt on HP...what will each net you?

thanks!

Couldnt tell you exactly, PSI will depend on how much you open your exhaust, If you have 12psi to begin with and you have a really open exhaust your going to lose a pound or two. So a pulley might just be making up what you lost. I plan on getting a pulley once my cats are gone;)

Couldnt tell you exactly, PSI will depend on how much you open your exhaust, If you have 12psi to begin with and you have a really open exhaust your going to lose a pound or two. So a pulley might just be making up what you lost. I plan on getting a pulley once my cats are gone;)

Well lets say if the echasut stayed how it was till i was able to buy the SCP system....

so in stock form around 14 psi with the pulley?

a 10% pulley makes more heat in the intake charge and may cause the computer to retard timing to prevent detonation. That will make you lose power. A 5% is a good choice. If you get a 10% you will want a double IC of front mount.

a 10% pulley makes more heat in the intake charge and may cause the computer to retard timing to prevent detonation. That will make you lose power. A 5% is a good choice. If you get a 10% you will want a double IC of front mount.

k thanks, im making a wish list...:) *adds 5% pulley*

the 10% feels strong on the street but at the track I think it's hurting me. I'm going to buy a 5% and make some runs w/ each and see. Once I get some drag radials then I can compare since traction should be consistant then.

15.12@92mph with a 2.6 60 ft.

With 4.10 gears, a 3k stall, and some ET Street radials I'm hoping to be able to get 1.7 60 ft.'s which would knock well over a second off that time.

I'm more concerned with putting the 5% pulley on to see if it pulls more MPH because that is a measure of power. I think my car is pulling timing up top.

I have an ic fan, underdrive pulleys, 10% blower pulley, cold air intake, catless downtubes, no rear mufflers, and a lentech valve body and 190 lph fuel pump.

Every .10 you knock off your 60 ft. is worth .20 off your ET. So my car would run about 1.8 seconds quicker with traction, but that ET would be very quick for 92mph meaning if I could do it my car would be all about low end traction and it would pretty much fall off after the 1/8 mile.

I highly doubt I could run a 13.3@92mph but I'd like to see if I can get into the 13's with stock heads/cam/blower. It will take gears/stall/traction to do it.

Last edited:
15.12@92mph with a 2.6 60 ft.

With 4.10 gears, a 3k stall, and some ET Street radials I'm hoping to be able to get 1.7 60 ft.'s which would knock well over a second off that time.

I'm more concerned with putting the 5% pulley on to see if it pulls more MPH because that is a measure of power. I think my car is pulling timing up top.

I have an ic fan, underdrive pulleys, 10% blower pulley, cold air intake, catless downtubes, no rear mufflers, and a lentech valve body and 190 lph fuel pump.

hm..... OK quick question...with these mods do you think 280RWHP is out of the questiong with a chip and a good tune?

Magnum Powers "Classic" Big Bore Throat SC Top
Lightweight Aluminum 5% Supercharger Pulley
3.8L SC LiveWire Spark Plug Set
75mm Throttle body
C&L 76mm Mass Air Flow Sensor
SCP 3" Fresh-Air Induction System
3.8L V6 Screamin' Demon Coil Pack
SCP/KOOKS 3.8L Super Coupe Mid-Length Headers
Flowmaster Resonator-Back Exhaust System
Tru-X Resonator

Yeah i know thats a little over $2,000 in mods but they would all be done over time

you won't need the headers. Just port your stock exhaust manifolds to open up the outlet hole a bit larger and run bigger downtubes.

Spend the $795 from the headers on a used MP2 or S-Model blower and then yes it could be possible with a tune. With an early style blower no way.

I'd also say add 42 lb. injectors and a 255lph fuel pump to your list. A 255lph forced induction pump is preferred.

Last edited:
you won't need the headers. Just port your stock exhaust manifolds to open up the outlet hole a bit larger and run bigger downtubes.

Spend the $795 from the headers on a used MP2 or S-Model blower and then yes it could be possible with a tune. With an early style blower no way.

I'd also say add 42 lb. injectors and a 255lph fuel pump to your list. A 255lph forced induction pump is preferred.

Ok..if i dont upgrade the blower right away what would my hp numbers be around

225-230 rear wheel on a good day rolling down a hill with a tail wind. J/K about the down hill thing it wouldn't effect dyno.

The stock early blower is a real piece of junk. Even a 94/95 blower with an MP inlet plenum and a 5% pulley would be a MAJOR improvement over a stock early style blower.

If you don't mind used parts you can get a good deal. $750 to spend can get you a good MP2 or MP3, less for an S model and around $300 for a 94/95 stock blower.

The MP inlet is pricey so if you get a used MP2 or 3 make sure you get the plenum with it.

I don't know what size the True-X resonator is but I know the Flowmaster exhaust system is a tad small for the SC if you want big numbers. For a stock car or mild SC it's good, but I have the flowmaster resonator and pipes and mufflers on my 92 and I think it's only like 2.5" mandrel bent in the center. 3" is better for your center pipe and you can go 3.5" although 3" w/ 2.5" out on each side is probably ok. Some like the sound of the car with a good resonator and no mufflers. I do. It's loud, but I like it. Saves weight too because mufflers are heavy.

I don't know what size the True-X resonator is but I know the Flowmaster exhaust system is a tad small for the SC if you want big numbers. For a stock car or mild SC it's good, but I have the flowmaster resonator and pipes and mufflers on my 92 and I think it's only like 2.5" mandrel bent in the center. 3" is better for your center pipe and you can go 3.5" although 3" w/ 2.5" out on each side is probably ok. Some like the sound of the car with a good resonator and no mufflers. I do. It's loud, but I like it. Saves weight too because mufflers are heavy.

well the first thing to get upgraded will be the exhaust.....so im just gonna buy the resonator back flow master and the true X resonator (2.5) and then after the car starts seeing more mods... i will up grade the center section...becasue...all of these mods will be spanned out till most likely...around this time next year ill have what i want done...At 15 there's not much you can really do so getting 2k may take me a little bit..plus i owe my dad some money so...i got to pay him back first before i go hog wild...:rolleyes:
i really just want to get a low 14 second sc..that will keep me entertained for a bit...then ill learn some more about these cars and maybe send the heads out and have them worked and do a cam at the same time...oh idk...i just dont want a 16 second sc in the 1/4 :cool:

Get Taylor spark plug wires and stick with your stock coil pack. Spend your money elsewhere.

coil pack not that good i take it?

how much taylor wires cost?

hmm..you know what..new list.... in order of which i will get.....this just a good starting point to upgrade which could of been better from the factory....if not point me in the right direction..im a NOOB :(

Flowmaster Resonator-Back Exhaust System
Tru-X Resonator
Magnum Powers "Classic" Big Bore Throat SC Top
remove air silencer and put in K&N filter.
Lightweight Aluminum 5% Supercharger Pulley

Last edited:
90blkbrd in your member page it says your best 1/4 time is 14.606 at 96.480 MPH and your mods are

K&N panel filter and removed air silencer 8" 800 CFM Intercooler fan Magnecor wires Magnaflow resonator and mufflers 5% SC, 5% JS pulley, & underdrive pulleys FF-dual IC...

thats all you have or had at that time?

Back