PDA

View Full Version : Snout Bearing questions

edb2007
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
wondering if the snout bearings and shaft just press out of the snout....

i just wanted to make sure before i broke somthing....

press on the pulley side with a hydrolic press and the shaft should just pop out the rear.

can you just press the new bearings on or do you have to heat and cool everything like i have heard???

should i pack the bearings with grease?

or put them in there dry..... will the oil the rebuild kit came with get to them????....

i have no clue....

dwinthrup
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
i thought that was just rebuilt:confused:

edb2007
02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
me too.... but i had to open it up to port it.... and when i did it looked nasty... cleaned it up and got a rebuild kit...and even if they rebuilt the snout... i have the new bearings, might as well replace them!!!

yep... its also nice to know its done right and not go by somones word....

do you know how they come out?? im supposed to go to this place tomorrow so they can press it out..... i just want to make sure thats how they come out..... dont wanna have to buy a new snout... hell i would have to buy the whole supercharger!!!!

dwinthrup
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
i have never had one apart let me find my shop manual and see if it tells me anything wich i doubt

edb2007
02-21-2007, 12:15 AM
i doubt it says anything.... so can i come and get those parts this weekend unless i blow the trans in my stang

dwinthrup
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
http://thunderbirdinfo.blogspot.com/2006/05/eaton-m90-supercharger-rebuild-and.html
there you are and don't break the stang too

edb2007
02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
awesome.... i have been to that site before but never went to the sites inside them..... i guess you press it out from the front...

im sure i will figure it out....

anyways about those parts???

dwinthrup
02-21-2007, 12:33 AM
yeah i think i'll be around are you sure you'll be there this time also there's another 89 sc there lol i'am hoping to get the white one out on saturday.

edb2007
02-21-2007, 12:36 AM
well does saturday work for you?

another 89? hmmm maybe i could purchase some parts from you?

well i blew out the trans in my moms SHO and she was pissed.... o well at least i can get a new MTX in it.... and she is paying for it hahhaha anyways.... yeah if saturday works ill throw the trans in my trunk and drive on down.... that is if you want the trans.... (from the white 89)

DrFishbone
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
I rebuilt a snout a few months ago. I had found some really nice step-by-step instructions that I used. I know I didn't need a press or anything fancy, and the oven\freezer method worked great...made the kitchen smell funny for a few hours, but other than that it was quite enjoyable. I'll try to find those instructions for you, I think they're a little better that the GM specific write-up.

edb2007
02-21-2007, 10:29 PM
actually i know this guy who does performance work and i had him press everything togaher.... it all went togather quite easy.... took about 45 mins to remove everything, clean everything, take pictures, and then put it back togather.... im going to have him press out the needle bearings tomorrow also.... then its time to send it to MannySC and have him weld and port the intake of the SC and match the plenum!!!