injecters, fuel line, pump questions

edb2007

ok i havent done any research on what injectors or anything i should run with my motor....

89 SC block bored 30 over
stock forged crank
stock "forged" rods
forged 30 over pistons
ported heads
gasket matched intake
~15lb m90 dont exactly know yet
ported IC tubes
double IC
ported headers
2.5 straight pipes

i was thinking 50lb but i dont know

and if i replace my injectors with 50lb what do i have to do to the fuel rail, lines,FPR, pump, ect.

hehe and while were on fuel what octane should i run.... i heard i should run 89 or better ALWAYS..... i ran 87 in my SHO and it studdered alot... dont want that in the SC

i think ur fuel lines and rail will be good. but i also think 50lbs are a little over doing it for the mods you're doing. unless u paln on modding some more down the road, then they're fine. i would go with a 255lph pump as the stock 110lph wont handle 50# injectors. as for the fuel i would never run 89. i say 91-92 at least if 93 isn't available in your area. hope that answered everything.

ok i havent done any research on what injectors or anything i should run with my motor....

89 SC block bored 30 over
stock forged crank
stock "forged" rods
forged 30 over pistons
ported heads
gasket matched intake
~15lb m90 dont exactly know yet
ported IC tubes
double IC
ported headers
2.5 straight pipes

i was thinking 50lb but i dont know

and if i replace my injectors with 50lb what do i have to do to the fuel rail, lines,FPR, pump, ect.

hehe and while were on fuel what octane should i run.... i heard i should run 89 or better ALWAYS..... i ran 87 in my SHO and it studdered alot... dont want that in the SC

If that is all you plan on doing, 50's are absurd. It really depends on what blower you are planning on going with. The SC, because of the fact that it is a forced induction motor, you want to run premium. Stick with 91 to avoid detonation, your head gaskets will thank you.

91 is recommended in the owner's manual. The computer will adjust to different octanes to a point. If I run 93 for a week and then fill up with 91, it will ping a little until it re-learns the operating characteristics.

You can run on lower octane if you want and the knock sensor will probably keep you out of trouble, but you will notice a power loss. If, for some reason, you can't get anything beyond 87, you can pull the octane adjust plug under the hood, which will retard the timing until you plug it back in. Or leave it alone and just stay off the gas pedal.

ok... i totally forgot about the roller rockers and the stage 2A cam....

anyways i always plan on more mods.... this is just the basics to get me in the motor.... how about the fuel pressure regulater??? should i replace that??

thanks for all the help

you can tune with the stock regulator using an EEC tuner. The AFPR is good for setting base rail pressure and stuff like that, but it is not necessary.

Back